- No personal attacks. Personal criticism is not considered a personal attack, unless it is unrelated to the topic at hand.
- No derailing threads. Discuss tangential topics in new threads.
Thread starting rules:
- Clearly indicate the topic in the title.
- If the thread is about material posted elsewhere, include a quoted digest as well as a link to the material.
- Use existing threads if they cover the same specific topic.
- Continued abandonment of goals, i.e. repeatedly starting goals and not presenting updates or results on them, is grounds for punishment.
- Write posts in easily readable plain English.
- No advertising personal products outside any sub-forum for that specific purpose if one is available.
- NSFW material must be posted with ample warning, either by specifying NSFW in the thread title, or putting a lead-up NSFW warning in a post.
Prohibited speech and content:
- Advocating a crime
- Strongly criticizing the general theme of the forum (i.e. members may not join to attack the forum itself)
- Revealing personal information about a member without their consent
- Voicing demotivating anti-constructive sentiments
Abominations: Breaching any of the following will result in a permanent ban.
Lying; making false personal claims.
Amnesty will be granted to a member who lies but then privately comes clean about it to a staff member before it is discovered.
- Advocating or reflecting upon use of a hard recreational drug
- Advocating suicide
- Admission or implication of prior felony
- Discussing performing sexual acts with minors
- Lying; making false personal claims.
- Criticism and suggestions regarding forum rules and administration must be posted in the admin sub-forum.
- Threads on highly divisive topics, i.e. topics very likely to pit different groups of the membership against each other, must be posted in the Yard.
- Trolling is defined in this forum as: 'speech provoking a response for the sake of the provocation only', and is prohibited.
- It includes: raising the same provocative topic multiple times; posting media repugnant to the theme of the forum; an excessive track record of expressing hate;
- It excludes: any statements made during an already-started debate which are relevant to the topic;
- Links to domains considered repugnant to the forum may be blocked. This does not preclude discussion of a quoted excerpt from that link provided it complies with the rules.
- Punishment for breaking rules will be handed down based on disruptive severity, recalcitrance, and precedent. It can include warnings or bans of varying periods including permanent.
- Posts are permanent after the editing window closes.
- The rules apply universally to the entire forum membership.
- The community is aimed at men pursuing greater success with wealth, women, and life generally. By joining, members confirm they are such a man.
- Banned members cannot rejoin under a new name.
- Members are expected to be doers, not just talkers. Indulging in debate and commentary exclusively is disfavoured.
- The following staff types currently exist: the Host.
- Staff may be appointed by the Host for 6 month terms with possibility of renewal. All such staff are volunteers. They may be removed for severe dereliction of duty or abuse of privileges.
- If a staff member with punishment power feels a punishment should be issued to a member with whom he is arguing in a thread, he must report it to the Host or another Moderator, rather than issuing the punishment himself.
- Staff will punish based on the rules and precedent only, under the concept of "beyond reasonable doubt".
- Moderators may only edit or delete a member's post to remove content that breaks the rules, and must leave an explanation comment in place of the removed content where possible.
- Moderators must post the reason for any punishment for any member with at least 10 posts, and at their discretion for other members if it is not obvious.
- Moderators may move any misplaced thread to the correct sub-forum. This includes the Yard, if in their opinion the thread is very likely to become, or has become, highly divisive.
- Punishments can be appealed to the Host within 3 days by any member with 50 or more posts.
- The Host is the final point of appeal. Any decisions of the Host on any matter are final.
- Threads which degenerate into aggressive or personal arguments may be temporarily frozen for a fixed period, with a posted explanation.
- Amendments to the rules will be published in the Admin sub-forum, and will go into effect 1 week thereafter.
- No amendment can be retroactively applied.