1. GoGetters Community is no longer actively maintained, and will be closing down in the future. Thankyou for your participation in this project. [ Details ]
    Dismiss Notice

Goal 30 Days of Agitation

Discussion in 'Misc' started by Fundinn, May 11, 2018.

Goal: For 30 days, I will engage in activities that cause discomfort or novelty and report back objectively to enlarge my horizons. by June 7, 2018 (finished)

100%

Completed

Member Fundinn commits to the following actions to achieve this goal

- Taking singing lessons
- Do tai chi in a crowded place.
- Give free hugs on a given day.
- Try an improv class
- Interview people on the streets for a random survey

1. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The previous update has been rated.

The score was: 5.00.

No more progress updates will come due on this goal (but you can still post them).
    Your goal results will come due on Thu, 07 Jun 2018

2. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Yeah, maybe! I have very big days, they are physically and mentally demanding, it can take me the whole weekend to recover sometimes. I've done about 900 miles on my bike since April 1st to go to work, and that has nothing to do with boxing. I read a paper on willpower that ultimately ended saying that some people seem to have vast reservoirs of it that are nearly limitless and it's not clear why that is. Truly fascinating.

Deep down, all girls probably know it too, but they would make it awkward if they tried to point that out. That would suck for them. I can think of a couple of girls who were creepy or unavailable because of that. It's like... were putting ourselves out there, why would you sabotage this chance of meeting someone genuinely interesting.

Dully noted, I would love to see myself talking to girls like I do my sparring sessions. I could figure out what could be improved. I've heard of camera game, where you take pictures of girls in an artistic way and tell them how beautiful they look,... in any case, I think that anything that gets you to approach them is good enough to get something started. I asked a friend of mine about having a pretext to meet girls. She said it was totally fine in her book, everything is a pretext to meet anyone anyways... that's what she said(literally).

Yeah, I didn't find it too bad, even when I messed up, I went on with the conversation as if nothing had happened and that did wonders.

3. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal achievement results are due.

Please submit a report on your achievement of this goal. The community will then rate your result. You can include any evidence that helps present your result.

4. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Result

Oh man, I fell ill last week. Pushed through on various commitments, but I was in a bad place physically over the weekend. The free improv class hasn't happened yet, I'll see to post a reply when it does.

What I did: Another singing lesson
    How it felt: Worst than the first time, I kept laughing. I am nowhere near mastering a single song. We got through half of a song and the teacher told me that the next part could very well take me a couple of months to master. In any case, I've been doing the exercises and he's seeing progress.
    Proof: I'll put something up in the future, I decided to keep taking classes, it's quite fun.

What I did: Half Marathon + After Party
    How it felt: First run ever, I was happy with my performance, but I noticed that I was too competitive. At the party I approached a couple of girls and put an emphasis on physical touch, keeping my shoulders back, my chest out my chin up. Talked to about 6 girls, but the conversations were going nowhere. People made small groups, even with good intentions talking to other groups and leaving mine, I didn't get anywhere. In any case, I talked to whatever girl I happened to see, so that's fun. I'll add that I had a four-round sparring session and a 30 mile bike ride, so I have no clue what kept me going after a day like that. I was hurting.

That's all I've got.

Postmortem:
    They say you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, and that saying is still a pain to think about, so I've got work to do. I felt challenge on multiple occasions(aside from what I wrote down here), so that's a good sign.

In any case, I'm rolling out with a new challenge middle of next week.

Voting on this result has closed.
  5. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The result has been rated.

Congratulations on following this goal to the end!

The average goal result rating was: 3.67 (Grade: B — Achieved goal).

Updates Report
    Total updates submitted: 1 of 2
    Average update rating: 3.00 (Medium action towards goal)

Next Steps
    Well done for achieving the goal. But for the next one, consider a more challenging goal that needs stronger action.

6. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Solid man. What I think is good is still feeling the challenges shows there is good space for improvement i.e. you'll really get something out of this.

You nee some old school indirect routines ;P

7. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Haha, well I think it's pretty cool to be at the stage where I can test it out on the field and then do some research. I'm guilty of over-consuming content, I want to put an emphasis on practical application. If I get my hands dirty first I know it's the fastest way I'll reach my goals. Thanks for the input.

8. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    I somehow missed the free workshop, so I decided to register for improv classes for the coming month of July, I think it will be a good way to loosen up.

I feel like I am made out of iron at times and people tell me haha. I went bowling last sunday and people were saying that they thought I was going to destroy the bowling course with my throws. I think it's very intimidating.

9. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Just finished a month worth of improv. I missed the free workshop, but there was a summer deal for four classes. The teacher made many feminist remarks and I felt some amount of resistance and internal disagreement brewing inside of me. I worked real hard on converting any kind of resentment to something akin to sympathy since I didn't see myself confronting her. Also tried to see her strong points, everyone's got them.

Otherwise I learned a good deal from improv. I leaped in to sing infront of 20 people, sniffed cocaine infront of a crowd while yelling and crying and most exercises emphasized accepting whatever story we came up with instead of saying "no". It was cool, I didn't expect to be able to scream or deliver strong emotions since I rarely do it in everyday life.

It's really good, but I don't see myself pursuing more classes for the time being. I got it out because I said I'd do it, even if it happened later than expected.

There was a girl in the group that had some effect on me, but the more I looked at her the less invested I felt. My heart didn't show an ounce of excitement, I'm struggling with this right now. I feel like there should be this subtle energy, but lately it hasn't been there... and I don't think I should wait for it's return.

Shaney96 and James like this.