1. GoGetters Community is no longer actively maintained, and will be closing down in the future. Thankyou for your participation in this project. [ Details ]
    Dismiss Notice

An Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Shaney96, Dec 19, 2017.

Goal: Get 20 new FB friends, approach 5 girls, make-out with 1 girl by January 13, 2018 (finished)

100%

Completed

Member Shaney96 commits to the following actions to achieve this goal

Each day I am to strike up at least 3 conversations with people, including women.

1. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    @Shaney96

Awesome goal. Pumped for you man. Europe cannot handle what PICK UP SOCIABLE MOTHER FUCKING TANK is about to land.

'Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star [or in you case a blonde slim 7/10 ;)].' —W. Clement Stone

James likes this.
  2. James

James Host

I join @Tom 's attitude on this matter. I've sent a heads up to interpol so they can prepare Europe for what's about to go down.

3. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Cheers man, my main aim is to just get the fuck out there and enjoy the hell out of myself. I think doing such will encourage such opportunities to come around. Of course, getting out my comfort zone is all part of it, but I find, once you do a few small things, it will be somewhat of a snowball effect of motivation.

Good man - It'd be good to have this community to grow to such a point where we have small communities able to meet all over the world. I think this is something that will eventually happen in regards to manosphere expansion.

Tom likes this.
  4. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal update is due.

Please submit an update on your goal progress.

5. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

Arrived at midnight last night, as spent yesterday travelling.

Wandered around Bruges today; on way to the Dam now. Made 3 FB friends so far - met one guy on the train and a couple in the hostel.

Sparked up around 4 convos when walking around, mainly regarding directions or asking about certain things. I made an attempt each time to carry on the conversation, asking about where the person's from etc., what they're doing in Bruges, shit like that, and therefore turned the simple "where is place X?", into an enjoyable social interaction.

Hopefully will get to the Dam in time for a couple of pints, so aim to meet some people while doing that.

Updates may come intermittently since the dara coverage while travelling will be fickle, I imagine.

Voting on this update has closed.

James likes this.
  6. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Gad damn you're smashing it. Good job.

Shaney96 likes this.
  7. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Great Shaney, good luck, keep us posted! In Theodore Roosevelt's words : "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."

Shaney96 and Tom like this.
  8. James

James Host

Solid start, keep it up!

There's always wifi somewhere ;). "Official" goal updates come due Sunday noon (server time), and currently have a 48 hour deadline thereafter.

Everyone give this man's updates some ratings :)

Shaney96 likes this.
  9. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The previous update has been rated.

The score was: 4.00.

Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 31 Dec 2017

10. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    On the way to the Dam I met a guy on the train. Spoke to him for around 40mins. Asked for FB but he didn't have an account.

Got to hostel. Room pretty dead in that there's only 4 girls. 2 were in bed heading off the next day. I approached 2 of them and got chatting. Got invited to go to a jazz show with them. I told them if I'm not back by 11pm, then go without me.

I headed out and wandered the Dam. I met two English folk, got their FB after walking around for like 20mins. One thing I did that got my really out my comfort zone was approaching a Red Light worker on the main strip of the district. There were plenty of people walking past and watching as I approached. She opened the door and I asked about her rates (€50 for one finish, 20mins max, if you were wondering). We then had a little joke about my age as I look very young, then I said "I'd think about it", and that was the end of that interaction.

I finished the night by taking truffles (shrooms) and going to a strip club. That was pretty joke as I made very strong eye contact with both strippers and could tell they were bored to death.

I got back the hostel for 11 and was asked if I was going to accompany the two girls. I rejected the offer because I'd began tripping at this point. The trip consisted of me just questioning everything, the futility of life, what 'death' is and it's significance, why man focuses so much energy on sex, and some other shit.

Yesterday I just wondered about for the day. Approached 2 guys, then 2 HB7.5s in a coffeeshop and made small talk to girls. Tried having a laugh but had so much anxiety that I'd built up before approaching them that I think I came across as an awkward mess. Felt pretty shitty after this so got a waffle and a pancake and got talking to this butter who was talking about all this conspiracy shit and horrorscope-esque shit.

Slept 17 hours last night so am only now eating my first meal. Got a pub crawl tonight so aim to meet some folk there. Spoke to a couple in my room earlier and a guy in a shop about different things.

My 'problem' so far is that I'm beating myself up a lot. "Oh, you haven't made a single 'proper' approach, shame on you" are thoughts that regularly occur. I must be more present and just fucking enjoy this experience, rather than focusing on "approach, approach, approach!"

11. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    I've now discovered I can get 4g almost everywhere; no excuses in not updating.

James likes this.
  12. James

James Host

Lesson 1:
    ==>>
    Got to be ready for when opportunity knocks.

Just redirect that: "you haven't made a single proper approach, tomorrow the plan to do so is...". "Shame on you" has no usefulness, especially by itself. The reason you're getting these thoughts is because you know that it is important to you, and you're not going to 100% enjoy the trip unless you make moves on some girls. So just redirect it into (genuine) plans for tomorrow/the week; then your body/mind lets you off the hook until then.

But meeting up and going out with girls from the hostel, or from pub crawls etc is probably easier to get your make-out goal, because it's "warm approach".

Shaney96 likes this.
  13. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    If you are beating yourself up for not making proper approaches, write down what a proper approach is to you on a piece of paper and focus on that. You don't want to end up practicing approaches on the wrong audience as a way to ignore your real goals on this limited vacation time. Make sure your priorities are set in function of your opportunities(i.e. The drugs set you up for missing out on another opportunity.)

That being said, I guess a day on drugs at the strip club is a fun one to keep in the books.

Keep it up, interesting stories!

14. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    I see why I think about my ex so much: the time with her was comfortable.

I mean, sex pretty much whenever you want, someone to talk to at all times. When I was here in the Dam with her, there was no need to talk to anybody else. Sure, we did talk to others, but not unless it was necessary. Being alone puts shit into perspective, it really does.

I guess I'm developing the ability to just talk to strangers over nothing. I met a few people yesterday in the hostel who were talkative, but most people do seem to keep to themselves in their own group. No excuses tho, as I'm still putting myself out there.

I also seem to believe that girls differ completely in the day vs in the night. I can't imagine any girls being sexual when I see them in the day, but I think much differently of them come nighttime.

Last night would be coined a 'success'. The pub crawl was great and I met a load of great people. I made out with 3 girls and walked with one back to this guys' place (he pulled the friend of the chick I pulled). As we were entering his place, he flipped shit when he realised I was there and wouldn't let any of us in.

Me and the two girls ended up wandering about and eventually they left. I probably coulda come up with something, but I didn't think of trying to take the girl down an alley or whatever, and probably wouldn't have tried it if I had due to the situation and lack of bollocks.

James likes this.
  15. James

James Host

That is of course one of the limits of a hostel (although guys do still pull it off there). The solution is usually one of the following:
    - Knowing a place where you can go if a girl is draping herself over you: e.g. a nearby hotel (or 3) that's unlikely to be booked out. Mark them on google maps.
    - Having your own place (obviously $ and social limits)
    - Checking if she has her own place and angling to go there
    - Doing some ballsy semi-public stuff

But looks like solid progress so far.

Shaney96 likes this.
  16. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    DAaaamn dude, always try XD Imagine if a thressome erupted XD

Sounds like you're absolutely slaying.

17. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal update is due.

Please submit an update on your goal progress.

18. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

Made 2 approaches, one on my last day in the Dam, one yesterday at Neuschweinstein.

First one was me approaching 2 girls. Started a conversation then focused on one girl. I must've come across as anxious and as over-thinking since I soon got rejected.

The second was yesterday. I asked a girl to take a picture then made some talk. Made her laugh once or twice but in general she didn't get my British sense of humor. Didn't seem too interested as there were a couple of awkward silences and she made no attempt towards conversing.

These approaches made me realise that approaching doesn't have to be the scariest thing in the world. I thought it'd have to be going up to a random girl on the street, having no reason to talk to her, and receiving no initial IoIs. Going up and saying "hey, I know this is random, but I wanted to come and say hey because I thought you looked attractive." You know, you can do that, and there's shit tonnes of evidence that it can work wonders.. But it's getting to that point where you're able to do this.

If you have a reason, or can make a comment on something to initiate the conversation, then proceed to convey attraction through minor kino, making her laugh, strong eye-contact etc., then it makes the idea of 'cold approaching' much less daunting.

Also got 2 girl's Facebook's and a few others yesterday and the day prior. One girl was a blonde HB8, and I'm sure she showed some interest due to her asking for my name, laughing at dumb jokes etc.. Shoulda asked for her number - it would've been difficult due to the situation (with Grandma and friend), but with more experience and confidence it could've been done, I believe.

Been reading "The Book of Pook" on my travels, and I've just read about how it's important to internalize that you are the prize, and to see interactions with women as fun and to not take them to seriously. Otherwise, you emanate neediness and instantly turn off the women. Of course, this is beautifully paradoxical since, the more pressure you put on yourself to pull, the lower your chances actually are.

Have a great new years guys; I hope your journeys are progressing nicely.

Voting on this update has closed.

James likes this.
  19. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Just made my first ever number close on this Austrian HB8. The main thing that got me out of my comfort zone was touching her throughout the conversation, actually asking for her number, then hugging when I closed the conversation after saying I'd text her later.

I felt pretty down earlier; walking around crowded Vienna alone for new years, with couples everywhere. Yeah, I felt pretty blue pilled and lonely. I went and found a bench and spent like 20 minutes journalling. Felt better afterwards and mustered the courage to approach.

I've been opening people throughout the night, and got chatting to a girl with her family earlier, but this was the first time I've done something that was pretty intimidating and sexuality-related.

20. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    I feel you man. The red pill hit me hard this Christmas. Trying to day game walking through couples browsing the sales and only 3 tinder matches over December, one of which flaked a date. This year bruh, everyone on this forum is going to make it.

But a number close. Fuck yeah brih!