1. GoGetters Community is no longer actively maintained, and will be closing down in the future. Thankyou for your participation in this project. [ Details ]
    Dismiss Notice

Goal Create three positive social outcomes

Discussion in 'Misc' started by Fundinn, Sep 12, 2018.

Goal: Create three new positive social outcomes within a month and two weeks. by October 15, 2018 (finished)

100%

Completed

Member Fundinn commits to the following actions to achieve this goal

Act upon the list in the post.

1. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The previous update has been rated.

The score was: 5.00.

Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 07 Oct 2018

2. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal update is due.

Please submit an update on your goal progress.

3. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

My bike was really heavy, I sold it on Sunday and on Monday, I ran 5 miles and biked 12 more before work to get a new one, second-hand. I did all that in the rain with a running fever and my dad came back from Poland, which meant family responsibilities. All of these things kind of set the tone for the week.

None the less, on Wednesday I finally met the lawyer. He didn't show up to boxing and came straight from work, we went to eat Pho. We had a good talk, his girlfriend was hospitalized the night prior, so it wasn't exactly an easy time for him. We talked about work, business opportunities in the future, he ended up having a lot of questions for me, so it was tough steering the conversation, but I think I struck a good balance. I ended up telling him we ought to meet once or twice a year, since we are both high-caliber and calculated individuals. The next morning, he asked me if I liked basketball, that we should play a bit, so I believe this was successful. He has some of the traits of a genius, I was impressed.

Friday I left for a three-day Sesshin. I met a lot of experienced practitioners(over forty years of practice for a couple of them). It was a tough weekend. Dinners were in silence, complicated rituals, early wake ups, 9 hours of meditation a day. I won't talk about all of it, but it was as dreadful as it was wonderful. I'll certainly make this a yearly-thing going forward. I met a good bunch, real dedicated people, a lot having their other shit, but also the guts to look within to understand our fundamental nature. I also gave my apologies to the nun I lied to a couple weeks ago. It wasn't something I had on my mind too much, but it did become a piece of extra luggage during the retreat. My whole being trembled when I told her about my belief in honesty and how I couldn't fathom lying to people of the Dojo. She understood and accepted all of it. I realized I was quite sensitive to failure and admitting wrong-doings. I'll keep this in mind about myself.

There are other activities coming up, I don't know what my degree of investment will be, but I could certainly have a bunch of things lined up with this group. I'll see to strike a nice balance between the Dojo and the other parts of my life.

CEO's: I am supposed to meet the CEO's on Tuesday for a coffee, after they had moved my meeting which was scheduled for last Friday.

Overall, the challenge is not over, but I find it quite challenging and I am happy of how much effort I put in to make these encounters a reality. I've gone through a good chunk of the list before it's end, confronting or going beyond what I could do with everything I got.

Voting on this update has closed.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  4. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The previous update has been rated.

The score was: 4.20.

No more progress updates will come due on this goal (but you can still post them).
    Your goal results will come due on Mon, 15 Oct 2018

5. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    I'm going to conclude with a small postmortem, which will aid me in laying out what I'll be doing next.

Before that, small update on the meeting with the CEO's. They changed the meeting around and I only got to meet one out of two. The one I met arrived late cause he completely forgot. I had mixed feelings about it, but I tried to put myself in his shoes and I figured that, I was at work already, so it wasn't as if I was waiting specifically for this. I then crossed him in the hall and he immediately said he forgot and that we could meet right now if we wanted to. Felt like a good time, so we had a 45 minute one on one. I had my prepared questions, but I went off with general questions on vision, leadership and the trends of today, which filled up the entire meeting.

Before it ended, he asked me if I was interested in opening my own place, and I told him about my history and that, it was on my mind, but not at the time being. He said that if I had an idea, we could sign an NDA and I could get a small administration board running. I was stocked with that in mind and I thought that he was a grounded and decent man in general.

The other CEO then saw me later in the day and asked me if I had enjoyed the meeting. I told him I will do it again, since what I was looking for was to get to better know them in the first place. He then asked me if I still wanted to see him. I didn't say yes, but it's in the back of my mind. He then gave me this high-level assignment of coming up with ideas to promote the company in terms of our involvement with the community and to promote the vision. So in the next two weeks I'll give it some thought and try to come up with suggestions. IMO, the best thing would be to get some stats on stuff that work, or even implement a prototype of something and then show him, instead of just pulling out a list and telling him this is the shit the company could be focusing on(which kind of side-lines me and offloads the work to some magic person).

It was a very good move in general, there's no better way than to aim straight for the top.

Now as far as the goal itself, it was not about initiating meetings, but to be invited to gatherings that can help me develop myself in the future. I believe I succeeded in that goal because of the following opportunities:

• Invited to think of idea's and perhaps my own business idea that I can validate with the CEO's of my company.
    • Invited for a few drinks at a Boxer's place for a small party. He's a smart lad with great ideas too.
    • Invited to Basketball games to stay in touch with the lawyer who plans on buying houses and renting them off & interesting future projects.
    • Invited to visit a bar founded by another Boxer I met yesterday, he has an entrepreneurial spirit, I think he has potential.

As for my mentor, I stay in touch with him, but I realize I should tell him that I'm available for I.T projects if his group of venture capitalists want to build pilot projects. The main guy is trying to build a group of hyper-specialized entrepreneurs and I think they could use somebody like me since they are usually not so technically-savvy.

In any, the action items is to put a couple of reminders in my calendar so I don't miss or forget to stay in touch with these people.

6. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Nice work man.
    Good job on trying to get the CEO's perspective - otherwise I'd imagine you'd have given off a bitter vibe throughout the meeting; no doubt the CEO would've picked up on that.

It's smart how that CEO asked you to come up with ideas for promoting the company's community involvement. I guess it's my egoism speaking, but it would give me an itch in that they're giving you this commendable, 'high-level assignment', which directly furthers their company. Clever bastard.

I guess you gotta scratch a few backs and make friends with a few people in the struggle to the top.

7. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal achievement results are due.

Please submit a report on your achievement of this goal. The community will then rate your result. You can include any evidence that helps present your result.

8. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    I'm not very good at hiding my disappointment haha. It shows up as a stern look, and I usually don't fill up the space, so it fills the space with something akin to an ice-cold shower. I usually transition that into a smile though. And I've read that Rockerfeller was very quiet est had piercing eyes, so I don't let these minor aspects get to me.

Yeah, I felt the same way, but who would want to work with you if you aren't willing to work it out in return? I do feel a bit tired of this though because of the boxing regiment which is taking a ton of energy from me and there is the same type of arrangement between me and the coach. I'll do my best.

As for the goal result submission, I'll wait a bit, but I feel like what I wrote previously was kind of it, Gort didn't give me that option when I wrote that piece.

9. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Result

To recap:
    • Invited to think of idea's and perhaps my own business idea that I can validate with the CEO's of my company.
    • Invited for a few drinks at a Boxer's place for a small party. He's a smart lad with great ideas too.
    • Invited to Basketball games to stay in touch with the lawyer who plans on buying houses and renting them off & interesting future projects.
    • Invited to visit a bar founded by another Boxer I met yesterday.

Voting on this result has closed.
  10. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The result has been rated.

Congratulations on following this goal to the end!

The average goal result rating was: 5.00 (Grade: A — Surpassed goal).

Updates Report
    Total updates submitted: 4 of 4
    Average update rating: 4.50 (Huge action towards goal)

Next Steps
    Well done! Your action taking was strong and it paid off! Continue this good work.