1. GoGetters Community is no longer actively maintained, and will be closing down in the future. Thankyou for your participation in this project. [ Details ]
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback on Forum/System

Discussion in 'Admin' started by James, Dec 18, 2017.

1. James

James Host

If you have any feedback, suggestions, or bug reports about this fledgling forum, post them here.

2. Jack

Jack Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    It's all looking good so far, my only thought would be on privacy, any one just browsing can read all the threads at the moment right? I don't know how everyone else feels but a part of me would prefer it if it was a completely private forum, so if we post things like personal info etc. there is at least one layer of security. Then again maybe putting your shit out there very publicly is better for personal accountability...

James likes this.
  3. James

James Host

As it grows, I do intend to add a private sub-forum for that purpose, for members who meet some threshold (points, or posts, or something).

But the aim of the forum is to help as many young men who are off-track, or need to improve their positions in life, as possible. And they are far more likely to register and join in if they see guys getting stuff done here, being held accountable, showing goal results etc. For that reason, if I add a private area, it will only be supplementary for things members simply wouldn't post (publicly) otherwise.

4. Jack

Jack Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Solid reasoning, and to be honest the idea of cowering behind a privacy wall seems like it goes against the idea of building on ourselves.

Appreciate the response.

James likes this.
  5. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    I'm experiencing problems with the message system on the website. Whenever I try to start a private conversation with somebody, after doing so (writing the text and pressing the button), I'm redirected to a page with the following text: "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later." I also just sent you a test message to check if the other side receives it or not.

6. James

James Host

Thanks for reporting this bug, I'll look into it.

7. Anon_143

Anon_143 New Member

Rating points:
    Just want to say thanks for this wonderful forum .

8. James

James Host

You're welcome :)
    One day it will be huge.

9. Jack

Jack Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Is there a way to add a follow-up goal to an existing goal thread? I want to start the follow up to my quit smoking thread but I don't want to post another separate thread in the fitness forum if I can avoid it. If that functionality doesn't exist would it be something you would consider adding later down the line?

10. James

James Host

@Jack It's fine to have another thread. In the future there will be some way to chain to previous goals yes.

11. James

James Host

Bumping the suggestion box.

The system's been up and running for a while now. Just interested to know if anyone has any feedback and/or criticism regarding it. What's good, what's bad etc, what could be improved etc. Cheers.

12. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    It has been running smoothly for me, I haven't experienced any bugs as of my last post on the thread. (8th of January)
    I could theorycraft on what could be improved, but, I wanted to ask what if there had been new recruitment sessions recently, @James?

13. James

James Host

@Kostadin No, and it's true there needs to be recruitment/marketing done. Alas shortly after I started this place other areas of my life suddenly needed a lot more attention, so my plans such as content marketing are currently on the back-burner.

Interestingly though, the word 'gogetters' ranks on the 1st page of google now, and 'go getters' on 3rd. I was wondering where the high guest count on some days was coming from, so I guess it's that.

14. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Do you have any data on whether they read the threads, or just close the site after seeing the front page?

Now that I think about it, if the interface was shinier and brighter, people could potentially be a lot more interested and even register, but, obviously, that would make the site less functional.

15. James

James Host

They just close, but there's many reasons someone might search 'go getters'; yes a custom theme would be a good future addition.

16. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Yeah its all been fine mate. 0 bugs.

James likes this.