1. GoGetters Community is no longer actively maintained, and will be closing down in the future. Thankyou for your participation in this project. [ Details ]
    Dismiss Notice

Goal Finish the school year with only As

Discussion in 'Misc' started by Kostadin, Apr 1, 2018.

Goal: Finish this school year with only As by June 29, 2018 (finished)

100%

Completed

Member Kostadin commits to the following actions to achieve this goal

Studying for school so that I do not just get only As, but also so that I will not score a bad mark that I will need to fix (C or lower).

1. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Approval

High school in my country is split into two semesters. I finished the first one with all As but in History - were I had a B, which obviously was my fault.
    It's currently the Easter holiday in here, and there will be no more competitions for the time being, which makes it a perfect time to focus on my weaknesses in school. Finishing with a full A is not just achievable, but honestly, it's going to be easy. It just takes some discipline, and keeping track of my results every week is just about what I need.
    The second goal progress post will include all my current marks in all subjects. (which I cannot give you currently because of the holidays) Every other goal progress post will include what has happened in school during the previous week that is in relation to my goal, as well as all examinations that I will be undergoing in the following week.

Tom and James like this.
  2. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal approved!

The community voted to approve this goal as Doable and SMART.
    Now, do your best to succeed! Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 08 Apr 2018.

3. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal update is due.

Please submit an update on your goal progress.

4. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Update not submitted.

The goal update was not submitted within the time limit.

5. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Well.... Okay, I can explain at least. I had to go to the capital city for a very important medical checkup. Tl;Dr I'm alive, and in the best condition I have ever been. I won't forget the next update, hopefully. Nothing really worth mentioning (for an update post) happened last week, aside from the fact that I studied for things that will be happening this week. I will include everything in this week's update.

6. James

James Host

Good to hear you're alive :)

7. Gort

Gort Robot

8. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

Long post incoming.
    The one-week holiday was spent mostly in physical exercise and going out. It ended last Tuesday, but I went to the capital city for the medical checkup. I hope you don't mind an extra story.

When I was 1 years old, I had been been diagnosed with "coarctation of the aorta". Basically a section of my aorta used to be narrower that it was supposed to be. An operation followed 6 months later, and as of then, I attend checkups every year. In the last two years I was told that I had to drink pills for lowering the blood pressure. The last sentence probably doesn't sound right, and that's because I didn't drink any pills. We (me and my family) had decided that I was going to try to deal with this thing by just having a good lifestyle and hoping that after puberty (which is the most dangerous period for the people with my diagnosis) everything would be fine. And it turns out that my aorta and other blood vessels are in a very good condition, and that my blood pressure is low enough so I needn't use medicine. You have no idea how happy this makes me. I was told more than once that I may need to avoid "stressful" and "very-power demanding in a physical way" situations. And while I still have to keep track of my condition, I will have absolutely no remorse for what I will be doing.

School.
    12th April: a test in biology: mark assumption - B or A
    13th April: an oral examination (voluntary) in history: mark - A; a test in Russian: mark assumption - eeeh, let's hope for a B. One thing about studying languages at school in Bulgaria is that it just never, ever, ever works. You either go to courses or have to remember everything by heart for the examinations and tests, and as you have other concerns, you kind of forget about everything. A nice excuse indeed, but, sadly, if I am to learn this language, I will have to go to courses, which I don't have the time to do currently, and I don't know if I should.
    16th April (yes, today): test in Programming: mark assumption - IDK. For some weird ass reason our test are... on paper. We have to write the code on paper, and we cannot use the computers to see if it works and it needs some correction. And what we need to write aren't just some basic algorithms. Everything I wrote looked great, on theory.

This current week will be a more relaxed one. And for that, I'd like to set up the following mini-goal:
    I need to find time to prepare for a project in Geography that I will represent on 27th April. Theme of the project: Norway. Contents:
    - the actual geographical part should be as short as possible;
    - interesting facts about the country;
    - traditional food (that I won't cook this week, obviously)
    The "project" format is up to the students, which is the reason me and my parter will only talk and maybe print pictures of a number of landmarks.
    Aside from this, of course, I will do my homework and so on. The only test I may get will be in mathematics. And since I try to get orally examined at the subjects were it is the norm as fast as possible and I already did it on all of the subjects, there's nothing to worry about. My current idea is to try to optimize my schedule so that I will have enough free time on my hands to do other stuff.

And now for the last thing I have planned for this post - all subjects, my current marks and the required number of marks (in the brackets;it equals the number of classes per week +1 btw) by law for this semester. (after which the teachers don't really care about you, unless you want to fix something)
    Mathematics: 3xAs, B (10, although we have get many more than that)
    Bulgarian: 2xAs (4, but the teacher is very ambitious, and she is the "master", the one who is responsible for us, meaning that there will be many more)
    English: 3xAs (5)
    Russian: A (3)
    Biology: A (3, although the teacher requires 4)
    Physics and Astronomy: C (3, teacher requires as many she's in the mood for though)
    Chemistry: 2xA (3)
    Geography: A (2)
    Sports: A (3, although our teacher is a 40-something attention seeker, who puts more makeup than drag queens and allows us to do whatever in her classes. I'm one of the few who actually do something, meaning that I basically get free As there.)
    Ethics and Law: A (2)
    History: A, B (3)
    Programming: A (3)
    Computer technologies (Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, Access): 2xAs (2, however, at the end of the school year we will be attending a test examinating "computer literacy", meaning that I have to keep going)

Turning this into an Excel table sheet would be nice.
    So far I don't see a particular subject I should focus on. However, I know that my weakness is Physics and I'll try my hardest to study deliberately for the subject.
    That's everything for now.

Voting on this update has closed.

9. James

James Host

If I'm ever invited to a trivia night in Bulgaria, I'm inviting Kostadin :D. That is a lot of subjects. Your swole brain is going to be looking for a new skull like a hermit crab.

Kostadin likes this.
  10. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The previous update has been rated.

The score was: 5.00.

Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 22 Apr 2018

11. Gort

Gort Robot

12. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

Last week was boring school-wise.
    I received a B on the biology test. The Russian one is yet to be given us back.
    I prepared a part of the project for Geography class. I've gathered all the information I need about Norway and I just need to download some appropriate pictures.

Goals for the following week:
    Get my personal English dictionary and the papers from the course in order. And that's... a lot of paper, trust me.

13. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    On that previous update, that is a lot of different subjects, well done on the grade average, it looks like you are in control of the situation.

Congratulations! It does remind me of Roosevelt though, I believe the doctor told him he should be bed-ridden due to his weak heart. He ended up doing a whole lot of hiking and becoming president, not bad huh?

Kostadin likes this.
  14. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    You are a machine man. Good to come back and see you smashing goals.

If you want any physical geography help for your project give me a shout. I could spare 30 mins on it.

Kostadin likes this.
  15. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The previous update has been rated.

The score was: 4.33.

Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 29 Apr 2018

16. Gort

Gort Robot

17. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

Last week was a bit more interesting.
    A on a Physics test; A on a Programming examination; C--- on a test in Russian.
    The dictionaries are in a better condition, but I haven't touched the papers.

Goals for current week:
    Actually go through the papers.
    Prepare for the end-of-the-year examination in Mathematics. This Thursday. I want to feel prepared for it, the mark is another story.
    Read at least 30 minutes a day. Meditate for at least 15 minutes a day.

About that test in Russian... My oral examinations in the subject have always been better, meaning that I will be able to fix the thing and get an A. If anybody has an idea how to help me study a language that I'm being taught for twice a week for 40 minutes by a chaotic teacher, please help.

Kostadin 2024.

Fundinn likes this.
  18. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Wikipedia extract, taken from 2056.

'kostadin came to power with 86.74% of the vote in 2024. Known for his powerful but fair policies, womanising and rugged determination during his schooling, in which he obtained straight A's.'

I suck at languages. I've heard listening to the radio stations of the chosen language can help. There are also websites/apps that could hook you up with a Russian looking to other languages.

Kostadin and James like this.
  19. James

James Host

@Kostadin Meet a cute Russian girl. You'll learn :D

But seriously, it all comes down to the teacher. You could try a few local or online Russian teachers, and see who fits you best.

Kostadin likes this.
  20. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    After you finish school bugger off to Russia for a few weeks. Drink vodka with the locals and absorb some culture; a sure way of digesting some of their language while appreciating the Russian culture!

Kostadin likes this.