1. GoGetters Community is no longer actively maintained, and will be closing down in the future. Thankyou for your participation in this project. [ Details ]
    Dismiss Notice

Goal Finish the school year with only As

Discussion in 'Misc' started by Kostadin, Apr 1, 2018.

Goal: Finish this school year with only As by June 29, 2018 (finished)

100%

Completed

Member Kostadin commits to the following actions to achieve this goal

Studying for school so that I do not just get only As, but also so that I will not score a bad mark that I will need to fix (C or lower).

1. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Aye aye, working on it.
    My hometown is a tourist destination for Russians in the summer. Honestly, talking with drunk Russians is better than talking with sober Russians.
    I haven't though of this. I don't know if I have the time to enroll on another course (especially since I had to drop off the Japanese one exactly because of the lack of time), but I'll look around for the available options.

I have access to a lot of Russian movies, newspapers, etc. I've given the Duolingo Russian course a go in the past, it was fine. I'll try to pick it up again. I guess it's just a matter of trying hard. But I've already got enough on my plate for the current week.

2. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Duolingo has helped out a uni mate with German, he definitely recommends it.

3. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The previous update has been rated.

The score was: 4.20.

Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 06 May 2018

4. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal update is due.

Please submit an update on your goal progress.

5. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

I didn't manage to go through the English papers. At all. I'm tempted to make them a goal for the following week, but, you'll later read why it is the worst idea possible.
    As far as reading and meditating is concerned, I have 5/7 days on each of those.
    The math test for the end of the year was a slaughter. I'll be given the score probably at the beginning of next week. How prepared did I feel? Well enough, before seeing the questions.
    Aside from an easy Chemistry test, nothing else worth mentioning happened during last week.

This week will be awful. A potential oral examination in Biology, a test in History(both of which require a lot of preparation), the Norway project for Geography class. Because of my C- in Russian, I now have to be super prepared for every clas. Now add big math homeworks every day.
    I still want to read for at least 30 minutes a day and meditate for at least 15.

Voting on this update has closed.

6. Gort

Gort Robot

The score was: 3.00.

Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 13 May 2018

7. Gort

Gort Robot

8. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

Hello again.

I nailed the History test. The results will be given to us this Friday, but I feel happy with how everything turned out. Nothing else interesting happened at school.
    Reading - 5/7 days; Meditation - 6/7 days.

Goals for this week:
    Prepare for the end-of-the-year test in Russian.
    Get orally examined during Biology class voluntarily.
    Once again, reading and meditation - 30 min/20 pages; 15 minutes a day.

End transmission.

9. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    The tests never end! Keep going dude

10. Gort

Gort Robot

The score was: 4.20.

Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 20 May 2018

11. Gort

Gort Robot

12. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

Last week was what we call "The last meaningful school week". I'll be going to school next week only on Tuesday, for 2 hours, and June is the time when you only have to prepare for the subjects that you want to get better marks on.

Interesting stuff from last week:
    A in Physics, which is amazing.
    C in Math, that sucks. I'll be able to fix it, but, still, it's not ideal.
    A in History. The test I said I nailed last week - I wasn't lying.
    I wasn't able to get orally examined in Biology. While the teacher doesn't allow us to do such things, I'll still say that I wasn't exactly super prepared to be examined.
    The test in Russian went well, but the results will probably be given to us on 31st of May.

Meditation: 7/7
    Reading: 3/7

So, for the upcoming week:
    I have to practice math. I have a two-side sheet that I'll do.
    I need to prepare myself to be examined in both Russian (reading and translating 2 texts, as well as a bit of grammar) and Biology(being able to talk about the latest 5 or 6 lessons we've taken). It's gonna happen at some point anyway, now it's the time.
    On 11th of June all 10 graders will be doing the "National test for computer literacy". There are a number of practice resources online. I guess doing 2 tests and 2 practical tasks will be sufficient.
    Once again, reading and meditation, 15/30 minutes.

James likes this.
  13. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Oh, I forgot to add something in the "for the upcoming week paragraph":

The end-of-the-year test in English will also take place next week - I have to learn the words and phrases, as well as practice the grammar - everything needed is in the books, so I should just go through them once again.

James likes this.
  14. Gort

Gort Robot

The score was: 5.00.

Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 27 May 2018

15. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    This one should be easy!

Kostadin likes this.
  16. James

James Host

Kostadin writes better English than many anglophones. If he gets a bad score they should have him write the next test.

Tom and Kostadin like this.
  17. Gort

Gort Robot

18. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Watch boxing matches with Russian subtitles on youtube. They are always uploaded first ;) I would watch movies in Russian on youtube too. The cultural difference of those communist classics are really interesting.

Kostadin likes this.
  19. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

The only day I went to school last week was Tuesday.
    I won't bother to write the days I did my meditation and reading. Shame. It seems like I need to be 100% productive or not at all.
    The only thing I did connected to school was the math tasks. Actually I'm not even done with them, they're super hard...

And now the excuses:
    I went to a competition in public speaking - won 2nd place (fuck the final topic) and 15 Leva ~ 9 USD. It was a lot of fun.
    I went to a meeting for organizing an event in the middle of July - the topic is healthy life, and the target are kids, 3-14 years old. There will be games, fruit, vegetables and so on. My responsibilities will include helping kids make salads, holding a rope for kids to jump, being a co-host of a quiz, handling out water balloons and showing off my body during the fight with water balloons at the end of the event.

So for the upcoming week:
    Actually meditate and read - 15 min/20 pages.
    Prepare thoroughly for an oral examination in Biology. And by thoroughly I mean to eat the study book with the cover.
    Spend time this weekend preparing for the upcoming test in Physics = going through 4 pages of example tasks.

20. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Bruh

Hopefully there are some milfs to show off too!! xD

Solid man. Hope the maths goes well.

Kostadin likes this.