1. GoGetters Community is no longer actively maintained, and will be closing down in the future. Thankyou for your participation in this project. [ Details ]
    Dismiss Notice

Goal Finish the school year with only As

Discussion in 'Misc' started by Kostadin, Apr 1, 2018.

Goal: Finish this school year with only As by June 29, 2018 (finished)

100%

Completed

Member Kostadin commits to the following actions to achieve this goal

Studying for school so that I do not just get only As, but also so that I will not score a bad mark that I will need to fix (C or lower).

1. James

James Host

This is good. You should do more of this. Communication skills have universal applicability; they'll help you regardless of the profession you choose.

2. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The previous update has been rated.

The score was: 1.75.

Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 03 Jun 2018

3. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal update is due.

Please submit an update on your goal progress.

4. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

I'm writing this one before the week has ended, but I'm including the thing I'll be doing by the end of the day here.

What happened last week:
    The oral examination in Biology didn't happen. However, I was completely prepared and based on the questions the teacher gave the students who were examined, I could have gotten an A easily.
    I got an A in Russian on a test.
    I'm currently finishing preparing for the Physics test. I already feel prepared, and I'm yet to practice a bit more.

Meditation: 6/7
    Reading: 6/7

For the following week:
    Prepare for a test in Mathematics - I have to go through a number of old homeworks and stuff to make sure I won't fuck up.
    Study what we were lectured in Biology class last week and once again go through everything else, just in case.
    Because of my A in Russian on the test, if I get examined orally and get an A, I'll finish with an A for the term and year on the subject. I have to know to read and translate three texts from the book we study from.
    On 11th this month, Monday, I'll be doing the test for computer literacy. I'll do 2 example tests in the upcoming weekend.

Out of a total number of 13 subjects, my As in 8 of them are secure. Math, Computer technologies, Russian, Biology and Physics it's all that's left, one month before the end. And honestly, if I do well during the following week, the goal updates will become redundant and I'll need to think of something else to fill them up. But we'll see if that's truly going to be the case next week.

Voting on this update has closed.

5. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Nice man, a complete improvement from last week. Congrats on the A in Russian also.

6. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Solid man.
    Smash it ma man! Would be an awesome feeling to have it in the bag!

7. James

James Host

A for Anastasia

Good work, I vaguely recall learning French in school as a kid; don't remember a word of it now. And it turns out all French people speak English anyway now, so waste of time. Russians definitely don't though.

8. Gort

Gort Robot

The score was: 5.00.

Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 10 Jun 2018

9. Gort

Gort Robot

10. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

Those two sentences aged rather badly. Thankfully, the week still went well.
    The test in Mathematics seemed easy. I was dancing and singing to myself while I was doing it. I'm yet to be given my result back, but, I'm confident that I'm gonna get at least a solid B. INB4 shit goes down.
    Remember this one? It happened like 3 weeks ago. We were given another test on the same material, as a second chance. Got an A.

Biology. Before the beginning of the class, three girls waited for the teacher by the door, looked at her with *the eyes* and begged to be examined for various "reasons". Another 2 guys had to be examined this day, because they aren't going to be here next week and suddenly yours truly was facepalming internally. I got so angry, after the end of the first class I went up to the teacher and said something along the lines of "Because it seems like I'm not insolent enough compared to the other people in my class, I'd like to make a reservation on my name for an examination for the following week. Thank you."
    The examination was dicey, but in the end I got my A. One subject less to go.
    Done.

Meditation: 6/7
    Reading: Now, it is technically 5/7, however, I found time to catch up for the days I didn't find time to read, making it a 7/7

For the following week: (+ the explanation of the very first sentence I wrote on this post)
    Meditation and reading as usual.
    This Monday we had this test in Physics that I write I was prepared for. It went well, but, the teacher is super ambitious, so that even if the floor opens up and devours us, she's going to find a way to give her classes. On 18th Monday there will be another test in Physics, which she's going to give us back ASAP, with a bit of info about all of our grades in the subject and whether or not she wants to test us again during the very last Monday of the school year, 25th. It seems like there will be pressure on me almost until the very end.
    I have to prepare for Biology class again. I almost don't need it at this point, but, better safe than sorry.
    The essay for the end of the year in Bulgarian will take place this Tuesday. What I need to do in other to prepare is to once again go through what's written as analyses in our books.

That's all I've got.

James likes this.
  11. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Nice going man, especially on the Maths retake.

Are you being positively affected by the meditation in any regard?

12. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Fucking nice one my man!

Mic drop xD

So many tests holy shit, your school sounds crazy! Keep it up anyway man, summer holidays is nearly here?

13. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    When I do it during the day, not really. I feel a bit more relaxed until something important comes up. However, if I do it before going to sleep, afterwards I always fall asleep in less than a minute, as opposed to my usual 10/15 (and sometimes more) minutes.
    Well, the school I go to is know as "the second best school from the entire country" because we are second in number of achievements on international mathematics competitions.
    Summer holidays start as of first of July.

14. James

James Host

That's how I usually use it too. Good for relieving overload, letting your brain cool off. But otherwise I can't do it because I feel like I'm wasting time.

15. Gort

Gort Robot

The score was: 4.20.

Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 17 Jun 2018

16. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Sounds right, and sleeping well is priceless. Congrats on the A in math, sounds like you understood the material on that retake.

17. Gort

Gort Robot

18. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

Another A in Mathematics.
    A in Physics. (making them 5 in total, and even though I have one C, I don't think it's gonna be problematic if I get an A on the very last test as well)
    A in Biology. Finally, after 3 weeks of preparation.

Meditation - 7/7
    Reading - 6/7

The essay for the end of the year in Bulgarian was on a very weird topic. I'm personally happy with my work, but I'll be given the results the next week.

For the following week:
    Meditation and reading as usual.
    The only thing I need to prepare for is the last test in Physics - 25th of June, Monday.

I think I'm gonna try to pick up the guitar again this week.

19. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Wow great, well done Kostadin, you seem to have found your cruising speed right now.

James likes this.
  20. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The previous update was not rated in time.

Further rating votes have been canceled. We apologize for this temporary failure.

Please continue with your goal.