1. GoGetters Community is no longer actively maintained, and will be closing down in the future. Thankyou for your participation in this project. [ Details ]
    Dismiss Notice

Goal Finish the school year with only As

Discussion in 'Misc' started by Kostadin, Apr 1, 2018.

Goal: Finish this school year with only As by June 29, 2018 (finished)

100%

Completed

Member Kostadin commits to the following actions to achieve this goal

Studying for school so that I do not just get only As, but also so that I will not score a bad mark that I will need to fix (C or lower).

1. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal update is due.

Please submit an update on your goal progress.

2. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

Just one more week to go.

Meditation: 6/7 (but I guess it's my bad for not sitting still for 15 minutes instead of enjoying myself there hahaha)
    Reading: 7/7

The very very very last test - the one in Physics, will take place tomorrow. If I take it with an A, I'll finish the year with only As. If it's a B, I hope that the teacher will recognize that my current marks are 1*C and 5*A. If it's a C, I can only hope for mercy, knowing her strictness.

I was given back my end-of-the-year-essay in Bulgarian. I've got a B, however:
    1. It shouldn't matter because I have like 10 As.
    2. I could had chosen from two topics, and, long story short, both topics demanded that I go on and on about trivial stuff.
    "But, teacher, the essay is a creative format!"
    "Yeah, but no As for you if you don't mention *trivial information*."
    //end rant

For the next week:
    Literally nothing.
    Find time to write a brainstorming thread.

@James, what was the reason Gort didn't post the mark for last week? Not enough people rated?

Voting on this update has closed.

3. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Finally man! Hope you'#re looking forward to that freedom that is right around the corner!

Hmmm I don't miss working to bullshit mark schemes. Shit like this happens unfortuantely, best to move on. Your results will be impressive nonetheless!

FeelsGoodMan!

4. James

James Host

Yes, looks like it slipped through, one vote shy of quorum. Not sure how I missed it. The average score was 4.5.

Yeah it's the same all over I think. English class in English-speaking countries is the same kind of fluff. Completely arbitrary marking. The strongest indicator of a good mark is being a teacher's pet.

Nail it!

5. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The previous update has been rated.

The score was: 4.00.

No more progress updates will come due on this goal (but you can still post them).
    Your goal results will come due on Fri, 29 Jun 2018

6. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal achievement results are due.

Please submit a report on your achievement of this goal. The community will then rate your result. You can include any evidence that helps present your result.

7. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Result

At last.

On Monday I had my very last test, in Physics. We were given 40 minutes to do it. Less than half of the time had passed and I was done. The result was given us on Tuesday - and I have an A on the test.

And this meant that the last subject was down. I present you the book were my marks are written:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=171G5l2PZpIcwjIOBtGP0DUQ5zz9anENv (couldn't upload it directly to the post because it said the file was too large, even though it's less than 4 megabytes?)

Here's how the marks in Bulgaria work:
    A = 6, B = 5, C = 4, D = 3, F = 2
    I don't think you have Es, at least not every western country? Anyway, I think you get the idea.

As you can see on the picture, the only B there is is under school subject №7 - History and Civilization, and it was for the first term. My goal was to finish the school year with only As, and that's what I did.

It feels nice to have 10 full As under my belt. 2 more to go, I guess.

I've been a bit busy with social stuff, however, tomorrow I'll write a new brainstorming post and by the end of the next week, at least one new goal post.

Voting on this result has closed.
  8. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    You aced it! Do you know your standing compared to the rest of the class? Are the grades based on course average? Otherwise, great job Kostadin, was nice to see your progress on this goal, you were very consistent. Don't let all those A's give you a false-sense of confidence though ;)

And to finish the physics test in half the time and get an A is something unheard of... at least in my time spent at school, so well done!

9. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    We have 14 full As and a total of 26 students in my class (which is the best class born in 2001 and at least top 3 in the whole school), and there are 5 more classes. (the word "class" covers meanings of like 5 different words in Bulgarian and I have to idea how to actually explain what I mean, I just hope it makes sense naturally)
    I just have to say that a number of people literally begged to be given higher grades and some spineless teachers gave in. (and yours truly isn't a part of them, of course)
    The grades for 1st and 2nd term are based on course average, and the end-year grade is average of those two. (although the teachers have the freedom to write whatever they decide, provided there's a reason for it)
    Honestly the test was really easy and I wasn't the only one who was done early, I'm not that big of a deal. :D
    Hur-dur, I finished 10th grade and I'm ready to conquer the world!

James and Shaney96 like this.
  10. James

James Host

They're in for a shock when life replaces "grade" with "salary" and "teachers" with "bosses" or "clients".

Kostadin likes this.
  11. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Smashed it mate. Nothing more to add. Your hard work paid off!

12. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Are you still meditating @Kostadin? How are you finding it, if so?

13. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    I still do it every night when I'm at home. I find it enjoyable and relaxing at the same, even though I have a very hard time clearing my mind from thoughts. ("Overthinker" is my second name) When I have the time (I can't right now because I wake up at 6 AM and leave home 10 minutes later to do stuff related to the mathematics competition thing) I'm going to try doing it in the morning, right after I wake up.

James likes this.
  14. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The result has been rated.

Congratulations on following this goal to the end!

The average goal result rating was: 4.40 (Grade: B — Achieved goal).

Updates Report
    Total updates submitted: 10 of 11
    Average update rating: 4.07 (Large action towards goal)

Next Steps
    Well done for achieving the goal. Keep up the good work.

15. James

James Host

Machine. If Gort ever quits, I'll offer you a job as his replacement :D

Kostadin likes this.