1. GoGetters Community is no longer actively maintained, and will be closing down in the future. Thankyou for your participation in this project. [ Details ]
    Dismiss Notice

Goal Finishing the first half of the school year successfully & deliberately practicing for competitionsP

Discussion in 'Misc' started by Kostadin, Oct 24, 2018.

Goal: Finishing the first part of the school year and making steps towards my future career by January 31, 2019 (in 6 Weeks 5 Days)

51%

Closed

Member Kostadin commits to the following actions to achieve this goal

I commit to what is written in the post as well, creating a weekly to-do list and after taking my C2 exam (1st of December) preparing for competitions in the fields of English, Programming and Philosophy.

1. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Approval

In Bulgarian we have a saying for people whose heads are in the clouds: "He's either in love or lost." I hope none of those were the reason for me not attaching a goal. Or maybe I did, but I rewrote the old post. I do not know. The text down is a copy-paste from "Productive and meaningful education: grade 11 edition", just to let you know. I already started doing some stuff towards my goals, so, it's about time I start writings my reports.

The reason why I've decided this goal should only cover the first half of the school year is that maybe by the middle of 11th grade I will have some clarity as to what I want to be studying at university and therefore have to invert my focus in another direction.

The school year started three weeks ago. And so far - so good actually. I don't remember having such a head start in a long time. I'll easily finish the entire school year with full As if I just stick to the mandatory studies, however, my plans for later on in life require me to do more than the minimum at the current moment.

I'll take pictures of the class book with the marks and make an online sheet them by the end of next week. As stated in the action commitment, I'll be keeping an eye on them with the intention of prioritizing properly.

Last year I went to there competitions - in English, Chemistry and Philosophy. This year I'll switch Chemistry for Programming. My reasons for going to the said competitions and why they will be beneficial to me:
    English - It's self-evident. The overall level of the competition will be C1, and as I'm currently preparing to take the C2 exam, this year I am dead set on getting to the 3rd stage.
    Philosophy - It's going to help with my literacy in Bulgarian (which is really good actually, especially when compared to others') and after the end of 12th grade I have to take a exam in Bulgarian, it's the way our education system works. I also have to take a second exam, but the choice of the subject this time lies in me, but there's time for this.
    Programming - I've been thinking about the branch of computers and technology for quite a while. And while the competition format is a lot different than what actual programming is (basically solving mathematical problems), even if I change my mind at the end, I think it will be a good exercise for my brain. And the other options for education I've been thinking about also include mathematics more or less, so it's a win-win.

Aside from all of this, I've decided to organize my day in a semi-strict schedule that can be characterized by the mantra "Responsibilities come first, fun comes afterwards." The schedule itself:

Weekdays (when 1st shift):
    Waking up: 6:00 - meditation, breakfast, getting ready to go to school;
    7:00 - leaving for school; getting back home by 13:30.
    13:30 - 14:30 - eating, a bit of relaxation
    14:30-19:00 - studying (16:00-18:00 exercising on workout days)
    19:00-20:30 - dinner, relaxation
    20:30 - 22:30 - finishing up with the studies if there are any left, or spending time doing things that aren't hard on the eyes and mind - guitar, reading books, writings something creative, drawing, etc.;
    22:30 -23:00 - preparing for sleep (including meditation)

Weekdays (when 2nd shift):
    Waking up: 6:00 - meditation, breakfast, etc;
    7:00 - 12:00 - studying (10:00-12:00 exercising on workout days) or spending time on hobbies/extracurricular activities
    12:00-13:00 - lunch, preparing for school;
    13:00 - 19:30 - going to school, being there, coming back home;
    19:30 - 20:30 - dinner, relaxation time;
    20:30 - 22:30 - studying or hobbies/extracurricular activities;
    22:30 -23:00 - preparing for sleep (including meditation)

Weekends:
    Waking up at 6, having breakfast and getting done with the morning stuff by 7:30. Studying and mandatory stuff should be done by lunch time so that I can enjoy the other part of the day fully.

For me the measure of success for this goal is if I need not take time from my other activities (sports, leisure & hobbies time) in order to catch up with my studies. This may be inevitable once or twice, as life happens, but last year there was an entire month when I couldn't find time to workout. (partly because of studying, partly because of procrastination)

return 0;

2. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal approved!

The community voted to approve this goal as Doable and SMART.
    Now, do your best to succeed! Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 04 Nov 2018.

3. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal update is due.

Please submit an update on your goal progress.

4. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

https://onedrive.live.com/edit.aspx...relation=1d9d14fd-8bc9-46ed-8417-b1301a2e5da2 - Here's the table with my current marks and a small legend.

I think it's going good so far. There are few Bs (mostly from test for the beginning of the year that examined what had remembered), but nothing that cannot be undone.

For the following week: (aside from obviously writing my homeworks)
    Writing an analysis of a caricature in History and learning the lessons. I want to get done with this subject ASAP - it takes too much time and energy, and I could be doing things way more useful and interesting.
    Preparing for a test in Physics - going through all the lessons.
    Studying a poem by heart in Bulgarian. (that I should know for the following week)
    If I have the time - working on an essay in Philosophy.

Side note: My main focus is currently my other goal. However, I'm going to do my best to do both things for this one month. (as the exam is on 1st of December)

Voting on this update has closed.

5. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The previous update was not rated in time.

Further rating votes have been canceled. We apologize for this temporary failure.

Please continue with your goal.

6. Gort

Gort Robot

7. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

Last week:
    I did write the analysis in History, but it is yet to be checked. I have to say that I'm pleased with how it turned out. The teacher started asking if somebody wants to be orally examined, meaning that this week will be my chance to get the mark.
    I felt confident taking the Physics tests, results TBA.
    I learned the poem in Bulgarian, that was actually for this week, meaning that one less thing on my shoulders.
    Add an A in Chemistry and an A in Philosophy - I'd say it was a good week.
    -----------
    Following week:
    Studying a poem in Russian by heart and getting a mark for it.
    This time not only studying the History lessons, but having the balls to get examined voluntarily.
    Working on my essays in Philosophy, which I will hopefully have the time for. (preparation for the C2 exam (other goal) is still a priority)

Voting on this update has closed.

8. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The previous update was not rated in time.

Further rating votes have been canceled. We apologize for this temporary failure.

Please continue with your goal.

9. Gort

Gort Robot

10. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Update not submitted.

The goal update was not submitted within the time limit.

11. Gort

Gort Robot

12. Gort

Gort Robot

13. Gort

Gort Robot

14. Gort

Gort Robot

15. Gort

Gort Robot

16. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Update not submitted & Goal closed.

Due to excessive failed update submissions, the goal has been closed.