1. GoGetters Community is no longer actively maintained, and will be closing down in the future. Thankyou for your participation in this project. [ Details ]
    Dismiss Notice

Goal Fix Mobility (Part 1)

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by jmc715, Jan 8, 2018.

1. jmc715

jmc715 New Member

Rating points:
    Hey all, now that the Holidays are over I plan on being way more active on here. I've been acting on my goals I described in my intro post over the last couple of weeks but I think it was too much at once. So for my first official goal I am going to start small.

After reading through the first half of the guide to becoming a supple leopard I have realized that my movement is way more messed up than I thought it was. I'm not surprised at all now at how hard it was for me to squat. So part one of my overall fitness goal is going to be to fix this. To do this I will follow the MobilityWAD 14 day challenge. I will re-evalute my mobility after I complete the 14 days and will decide where to go from there. Hopefully, I will feel comfortable enough to slowly start easing myself back into the gym.

James likes this.
  2. James

James Host

Could you tell us more about what this involves? I've never heard of a mobility/flexibility goal before.

3. jmc715

jmc715 New Member

Rating points:
    Yes, so the basis of the program is that there are 7 different areas you work on. According to MobilityWod there is a certain range of motion that everyone should have with these 7 areas. I tried the first one yesterday and It was called the hip hinge. You're supposed to be able to bend at the hip so that your back stays straight and is parallel with the ground without bending your knees. I was nowhere close, which means I don't have enough range of motion to properly squat right now. The goal at the end of the 14 days is to have a normal range of motion that allows your body to function/ move correctly. Doing this should help my form out a ton in the gym which hopefully would prevent future injuries.

4. James

James Host

Interesting. Well this goal is too short to have an official goal attachment (3 weeks min.), but do post updates on this. After that you can work out what your next goal will be.

5. Jack

Jack Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    This is a really interesting goal, flexibility is something I would love to learn more about, especially how to improve it.

Also it sounds like something specific happened which made you re-asses how you wanted to approach your fitness, I just started at a gym so if you have any tips/warnings they would be greatly appreciated! And you know maybe others here might be able to help you avoid similar problems in the future.

6. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Good luck jmc, sounds like a smart way to get back to the gym and two weeks is a good duration to start testing your commitment to your goals.

7. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    @jmc715 How's the challenge going? Keeping to it?