1. GoGetters Community is no longer actively maintained, and will be closing down in the future. Thankyou for your participation in this project. [ Details ]
    Dismiss Notice

Goal Get a date from day game - round 2

Discussion in 'Women' started by Tom, May 17, 2018.

Goal: Getting a date from day game by July 28, 2018 (finished)

100%

Completed

Member Tom commits to the following actions to achieve this goal

All approaches direct.

Wk1: 5 approaches. Wk2: 10 approaches. 3: 15. 4+: 20 each week.

1. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Approval

Alright guys, round 2 is up.

I did 2 direct approaches today. I think I'm ready to do this goal. I've put the end goal after manchester comic con where I intend to become king of the nerds picking up cosplay girls (do not under estimate the talent at comic cons, trust me).

Approach one.

7 dressed pretty edgy looking at the sale in HMV. 'excuse me, I thought you looked really cool and I wanted to say hi'. She beamed and took the lead on the conversation. We chatted for like 10-15 minutes. She was awesome to talk to. She gave me hope that I can click with girls during day game. Liked the same music, same books ect. I stumbled asking her out again and she said yeah BUT 'I have a boyfriend'. FOOK. She offered to meet up again as her boyfriend is fine with her speaking to other guys. I should have taken her number just for friendship. She was super cool. Whilst a date is the goal, I can't pass friends ever again as my social circle doesn't exist. Lesson learned.

Approach two.

LOL I was super nervous. 'Hi I know this is really random but I liked your style and wanted to say hi'. She laughed, was taken aback. Conversation faltered very quickly and I bailed asap. Felt very uncomfortable. Plus she was 25.

So I'm ready bois.
    The approaches can stack again, building up each week.

Week one: 5 approaches. Direct. I can't be a pussy.
    Week 2: 10 direct approaches.
    3: 15
    4+ up till comic con: 20 each week.
    Comic con: Unleash god mode.

2. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    4 more approaches today..... 3 direct and I dug into the conversation and didn't leave until asking for the deets. I can do this shit.

James likes this.
  3. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal approved!

The community voted to approve this goal as Doable and SMART.
    Now, do your best to succeed! Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 27 May 2018.

4. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal update is due.

Please submit an update on your goal progress.

5. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

2 Approaches. I still need like 3+ hours of continued 'sarging' to rack up approaches and am finding this hard to fit in with revising. Exam is one on the 4th June.

Approach 1: Mum with her 2 daughters who looked mid twenties. Peng. 'Do you guys get the train often? They've been this bad for a while'. brief chat. Was easy to bond over how shit the trains service is.

Approach 2: Actually managed direct. On my way to the library to revise and saw a blonde 8. fuck it. 'Hi' [out comes the era phones] 'I was just on my way to the library and saw you and thought you looked nice and wanted to say hi.' She smiled - the always smile, they love it. I asked what she was up to. She said meeting friends, they are waiting. i said we should chat for a minute, she asked why. 'To see if we have that connection' with a smirk. She laughed but insisted they are waiting. I just said ok cool, have a nice day.

To take from approach 2: Don't ask what they are doing in x place so early. I've been hit with meeting friends now, meeting boufriend, doing x now every time. Gives them an easy way out.

Also when hit with 'meeting friends' I was thinking of challenging them. 'Just tell them you are late as this charismatic, charming guy hit on you on the street. If they are good friends they will understand. [smile]. Then flow into the next line. Some shit like, 'would it be unreasonable if we flew off to St Lucia right now?'.

Voting on this update has closed.

6. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Nice man, I'd have felt anxious as shit and would've bottled it. Respect man.

7. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Cheers lad! No idea what has happened but direct feels more comfortable than indirect! I think it is more honest with no covert contracts and this could be giving me the plausible deniability in my mind.

8. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The previous update has been rated.

The score was: 3.20.

Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 03 Jun 2018

9. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Well done Tom, you're right about asking them what they are doing, it's one of those questions that points to the future, and you want to keep her in the present.

As far as your studies go, you know that deep down(and so do I), it can take 2 minutes out of the day to strike up a conversation with a girl and learn something valuable about yourself. We don't need a free evening to do approaches. We've learned how to talk since were kids, were just doing it in a different context, we know enough to get the ball rolling at any time.

Keep it up!

10. Gort

Gort Robot

11. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

Alright bois, not sure if excuses (well, clearly is) but I've just pretty much stayed in my house revising and playing video games :/ Possibly set the goal too early. Had to go into uni once and got one approach in (see below) but @Fundinn you're right. I should have gone to a closer town and revised in the library taking mini breaks to game.

Agreed. Removed from my repertoire.

Approach:

Saw a blonde 7 from about 100m away further down the road looking at the book stall that appears a couple of times in Manchester. Was deep breathing and not trying to think of anything.

Come up at her side 'Hi I was just on the way to the train station and I saw you thought you looked cool and I wanted to say hi'. Slight smile, almost an eye roll. My openers are getting solid. Much more commanding and slow. Exchanged names. I shook her hand. She didn't really do the hand shake. I immediately went into interview mode, she was giving me nothing.

Me: Your accent isn't local is it?
    her: I'm not from here'
    Me: where are you from: 'ireland'
    Me: 'Cool, so what are you in manchester for?'
    Her: 'I study'
    Me: 'what do you study?
    Her: 'Psychology'
    Me: I was going to guess that! My sister studies it, she's thinking of doing it. If she was here what would you tell her'
    Her: 'I don't enjoy it and it's hard' [side note, was not expecting that]
    Me: hahaha to be honest she doesn't like it too much anymore! I take it you read?'
    Her: 'yeah'
    Me: what do you read?
    her: everything.
    Me: wow that leaves it a bit open.
    Her: [laughing] well, art books.
    Me: niiiice I draw too. What do you draw?
    Her: [slightly dafuq is this guy face] everything...... [heh called you out earlier] flowers faces.
    Me: do you remember those Icandraw books?
    her: no.

MIND WENT BLANK. She was giving me nothing. Something to try is assumptions. Throw out random assumptions. 'You know you look very Swedish? Parents from there? ect. Put them in a box and force them out.

BUT I just bailed. Cool speaking to you, I really need to get the train. Have a great day and left.

Notes:
    If she's still there, don't bail at all. Always be closing. Use more assumptions. Have a go to structure to begin with to avoid interview mode, namely the London day game model.

Only approach..... Walked through Manchester and bottled it. Some talent about too.

Going to try and catch up. I have jack shit to do for a ~month now!

12. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Yeah, fair play for your persistence though. She clearly wasn't throwing IOIs out like they were going out of fashion..
    I really fucking hope to do something like you're doing man, as this is pretty inspirational to be honest.

Yeah, walking around cities and I'm just like 'where the fuck have all these HB8s been?' as it's like a fucking rare occasion for me to see any around here aha.

Your opening line was an assumption, which was good, it's just a pity she wasn't overly receptive.

Keep it up man!

James likes this.
  13. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    I think I've cracked it and I can definitely help! I've posted this on reddit as a way of documenting my approaches. I want to make a reddit post in the future documenting precisely what all these unhappy guys on Reddit need to do. Blueprint: gamer to ?

Approaches today:

#1: Indirect in a food shop. Opened the 2 set by joking about how fancy it was for a low end UK foodshop. They laughed. We joked about the price and went on our merry way. My voice was slow and steady. Reengaged as I left about being outpriced and they laughed. Should have followed up with questions.

#2: Direct on a girl sat reading. 'Hi thought you looked nice and I wanted to say hi. Awesome girl, we clicked instantly. Great outlook on life and lots in common. Conversation threading advocated by mystery was a god send. Got her number. Instantly friendzoned but that's cool, great company. Trying to meetup. Good use of assumptions.

#3: 2 set. Joked about do they want a model in their pictures (they were taking pictures). Found out they were pretty young so I bailed instantly feeling like a nonce.

#4: dude and a stunning girl. Just said 'hi, super random but I was intrigued about the guitars'. it was for a show, they were super into the conversation. The girl gradually drifted tawards me playing with her hair and the dude nearly ended up third wheeling. Didn't ask for a number, mixed 2 set is well out of my current skillset. I guess the same rules apply - I want her number, I should just ask. They are doing the show up til and including Wednesday night. If I'm free I might go down. A warm approach will make a nice change.

#5: 2 set walking towards me near a busker. 'Hi, I asked this guy to serenade you as I hit on you'. They laughed. Instant hair playing. They passed my compliance test to move away from the busker (busker was damn noisy xD) the 8/10 of the group dropped the boyfriend bombshell early and her mate was a bit quiet so I ejected. Assumptions early were key to opening them up. 'You look like you study x'

#6: 2 set in a card shop. 'Is this the nicest card shop you've ever seen?'. They laughed. 'we don't go in them that much'. I told them they are missing out. We chatted about finishing uni, what they studied, the summer. They were pretty disinterested fast (all the pretty cards distracted' so I ejected. They were due home soon post uni anyway.

#7: 2 set. One girl clocked me, I couldn't bail on a possible IOI. 'Hi you look cool and I wanted to say hi'. BOOM. instant connection. The girls were great. They told me they respected the approaching. I friendzoned myself (I am looking for friends I must add) by telling them we should do drinks as I'm expanding my social circle post uni. I was invited to a gig with them the same evening but couldn't make it. Got social media details.

#8: terrified a clearly awkward girl with the 'cool' opener and ejected instantly. Shame, she had good style.

#9: Stunning girl at the train station. Got on the train near her (bailed the approach initially). Mentioned am I on the right train, she didn't really answer xD. Opened a random passenger in front of her. We chatted. Then the girl opened me. Conversation was dull and my stop caught me off guard (been a long time since I was on that train line) so I missed the asking for the number. Good look to her, seemed pretty set in the early stages of her career.

Lessons:

Always stay if they are still there. Never eject before attempting the number close. Avoid the 'cool' opener - too 'friend like'. Girls love being opened!

I just went for it today. No shame. With no cloud over my head girls were very receptive. Trying to arrange a coffee date although #2 said she wants to be friends so I won't count it for my goal. Trying to get a drink with #7.

yeah xD after today I've noticed girls who seem more receptive ALWAYS WITHOUT fail play with their hair. At least from todays girls. I will and suggest you bois do to keep an eye out for that. They can't help it.

James, Shaney96 and Kostadin like this.
  14. Gort

Gort Robot

The score was: 2.20.

Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 10 Jun 2018

15. Gort

Gort Robot

16. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

So I had the 9 approaches as detailed in the previous comment.

Approach #2 ended up equating to a brief text conversation where I quickly arranged coffee. She agreed but specifically specified it was for friends as she was seeing someone and lives in Finland and studies in Scotland. Is it a date? We had the coffee, it went amazingly. So much chemistry, one of those 'if only the circumstances were different' kind of moments. She's subsequently ghosted me since xD

#10: Just the one approach. Shot down IMMEDIATELY with I have a boyfriend. Oh well xD

#11: high class, 8.5/10 sat in a coffee shop. 'Hi, I thought you looked nice so I wanted to say hi.' i never really got to the hook point. Didn't really use many assumptions. Was very nervous. Bailed as the nerves shot up. Managed a decent amount of talking. Should have stayed in the set.

#12: First success with a 9/10. Saw her in a book shop. Standard direct opener. Reached the hook point very quickly. Gym bunny in looks but definitely some depth. Bonded over where we live and mindfulness/personal development. Asked for the number, holy shit I got it. Arranged a coffee there and then. So the following day I got into Manchester early. She pushed back the date. OK, shit happens. The time came, damn bois she stood me up. I double checked the meeting location and got 'oh sorry I couldn't make it into town today, can you do tomorrow'. I replied 'no I can't, whats your schedule like next week'. Ghosted.

After being stood up I approached 3 more:

#13: in a bookstore, usual direct opener. Asked why is she in x town. Immediately dropped seeing her boyfriend.

#14: Slightly goth girl stood waiting. Usual opener, terrified her so ejected immediately - very shy/issues.

#15: 2 set, situational opener. A guy was singing 'he seems super happy' they laughed and agreed. They were foreign, spoke about where they were from. It became apparent they were too young, I ejected quickly.

Then even with my box of warhammer I approached today:

#16: Absolutely stunning blonde walking towards me in the shopping center. Usual opener 'I was on my way to boots and I thought you looked nice so I wanted to say hi.'. 'Oh I have a boyfriend, but I'm really flattered [take note bois, girls love it]. So I ejected, 'please do take it as a compliment and have a nice day.'

16 approaches. 1 social media (said she'll invite me out with her friends soon [from approach #7]. 2 numbers. 1 coffee as a 'friend' and one stood up billy no mates lemon.

17. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Well man, you've already succeeded in getting a date, so fair play to you.

Perhaps she instantly labelled you as an orbiter as used you for your time, but I mean, you'd only met her once prior, so I reckon she'd had to have been attracted to want to meet.

Nice man, I bet the anxiety before the approach was sky-high, was it not?!

Are your openers either "hey, you looked nice so I wanted to say high" or something situational/using a prop?

That's a good way into meeting new girls, nice.

Seriously man, good work. Reading through your updates adds pressure to me and makes want to fuck off into town and try and get talking to girls.

18. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Cheers breh!

It's weird how the nerves vary so much. Approach #16 I had none. For the 9/10 it was intermediate. For approach #11 holy shit I was vosibly wobbly in the set.

Exactly that. I think some indirect 'DAmn it's quiet today' [her response] 'Hey I like your shoes by the way' [her response] 'are you into your fashion?' then try and find the hook point. The spam direct game is hard but I literally give less fucks about rejection by the day. Being stood up only had me feeling shit for ~30 mins. After getting blown out on tinder it would hit me for the whole next day.

Even just 1 approach one on your travels is enough for now!

19. James

James Host

That's the spirit.

Alas, it wasn't a date. You wouldn't invite your friends to a meeting with a prospective girl...

I would usually ask, "ah cool, where did you meet him?". Glean that data.

20. Gort

Gort Robot

The score was: 4.20.

Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 17 Jun 2018