1. GoGetters Community is no longer actively maintained, and will be closing down in the future. Thankyou for your participation in this project. [ Details ]
    Dismiss Notice

Goal Get a date from day game - round 2

Discussion in 'Women' started by Tom, May 17, 2018.

Goal: Getting a date from day game by July 28, 2018 (finished)

100%

Completed

Member Tom commits to the following actions to achieve this goal

All approaches direct.

Wk1: 5 approaches. Wk2: 10 approaches. 3: 15. 4+: 20 each week.

1. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

Terrible week.

Granddad died on Monday so I've just been going to my nan's house to help her sort through all his art books. I've picked up some sketchbooks that I'd like to fill. Probably draw in coffee shops mid day game session.

Few days of video games and a bit of warhammer with a mate. I watched a few RSD videos to get me pumped up but I just never went out. Excuses like 'oh well it's 2pm now I wont have much time anyway.' I did get out one day but I bottled the approach as I was in the shitty local city.

Voting on this update has closed.

2. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The previous update has been rated.

The score was: 1.75.

Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 15 Jul 2018

3. James

James Host

Understandable, not a priory issue this week, better to reflect in times like this.

Tom likes this.
  4. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Agree with @James, better reflect on the impermanence of life, could be a good way to help you make your next actions more meaningful.

My grandpa died a month ago, I took half the day off to go walk around a big park with my camera and watched the sunset, it's this kind of time-off I don't give myself nearly enough. Saw an interesting quote recently, it went like this:

'Most electronics benefit from a reboot, or a shutdown, and so would we."

Tom likes this.
  5. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal update is due.

Please submit an update on your goal progress.

6. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

@James and @Fundinn Agreed bois, puts a lot of shit in perspective.

A bit better this week. managed 2 direct approaches, one of which resulted in a number but I got message failed after I sent her a text. Oh well. She actually asked me for my number as I left, which is a first! I must have copied it down wrong. The other approach was after what I thought was an IOI (made eye contact twice as I was coming down the staris). Approached, she looked a bit spooked and kept looking elsewhere, so I asked her if she was waiting for someone and she told me her bf was on his way to meet her. I bailed.

I did an indirect approach on a girl running a stand combating homelessness. I've been invited to a debate next Tuesday by her. I won't be going for the pull, I'll be chatting with everyone, but definitely her too :D

So 3 approaches, no where near 20 but my 'successes' are regularly trumping my earlier efforts. I've noticed a few nervous movements I've picked up. A weird one is I dip my head like a pigeon when I ask a question straight after my direct approach. [direct approach line] *head nod [so what are you up too?'. These need addressing.

7. James

James Host

Solid. Social circle "skirting" is powerful.
    Too socially close to a girl -> friend zone; too socially far from her -> danger zone - got to be real cool & smooth.
    Come in from the periphery, especially invited by a girl they know, and you're in the sweet zone.

Tom likes this.
  8. Gort

Gort Robot

The score was: 2.00.

Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 22 Jul 2018

9. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal update is due.

Please submit an update on your goal progress.

10. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

Lost all motivation this week for day game. 0 approaches. I think the problem is I'm trying to fly before I can crawl. As I'm sat here now I'm not in amazing shape, my wardrobe is waiting for me to hit a 30.5 inch waist (no point buying new shit yet), unemployed, rooms a mess, minuscule social circle.

Feeling pretty unmotivated. The day game sessions I did were literally about 5 hours long (excluding 3 hours total travel time)....... I just can't see myself keeping this up, letting alone to the point where I'm actually successful.

I'm thinking of setting up some new goals, I guess this one is nearly done. One last sesh at the convention. Lets see if I have progressed. As it stands, a date feels very, very, very far off.

Edit: after seeing @James posts.... I'm just being a pussy xD

I did manage to go t a meetup group and the girls I was chatting with have invited me to a hike soon which should be good.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  11. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Events tomorrow, just sorting my tickets now.

James likes this.
  12. James

James Host

I don't think it's just a case of being a pussy. Demotivation is a form of feedback too. You've done the work on this, and you've gotten the experience, which is very valuable (self-hardening + wider frame of reference). You're gut is probably right that it's time to set some new goals and come back to this later.

But hammer that convention.

13. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Definitely attest to that. Rejections used to really knock me back, not know!

Booking tickets for comiccon now.

James likes this.
  14. Gort

Gort Robot

The score was: 1.00.

No more progress updates will come due on this goal (but you can still post them).
    Your goal results will come due on Fri, 27 Jul 2018

15. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal achievement results are due.

Please submit a report on your achievement of this goal. The community will then rate your result. You can include any evidence that helps present your result.

16. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Result

Convention

To cut to the chase, the convention was quite disappointing, both in terms of stalls and the social side. And I suddenly realised, holy shit the indirect game is going to have to be on point. Mixed 5 sets everywhere, duos who were blatantly couples, families, a significant amount of bloaters (some of which in minimal clothes), and the roses amongst the thorns were very very sparse. ect. Shit was a mine field for day game.

I opted to just talk to everyone and anyone and to see what happens. Talking in line, talking near stalls ect. I was speaking to dudes and girls but never really wanted to number close with the latter. I spent ages in the comic village (seemed bigger this year) and there was a lot of hot girls drawing behind their stalls. I just went in, started speaking but and got their Instagram's. I left with 4 in total. Shit surprised me how many girls are in relationships at the comic cons. As I was looking at their art on Instagram with them boom, standard couple shots everywhere. As for the worryingly few attractive, not overweight girls, it was always in passing, I was not really sure how to open the set. Probably should have gone direct towards then end, if I get thrown out I get thrown out, no biggie. Also, a lot of girls were pretty young...... As I'm getting older and hopefully less nerdy I felt so out of place!

So, I failed the convention in summary, there was hot girls, I should have spoken to them.

Results

When actively out 'day gaming' like a hunter, I can eventually approach of which I can do direct approaches, stopping girls anywhere. I've noted a marked improvement in eye contact and conversational skills with girls who are semi/fully into the conversation.

Told me I could this a year ago I would be chuffed.

Here are my numbers:

Total warm ups (stuff like the time, directions, 'nice weather' to an old woman) = 30

Total approaches = 50

Times asked for a number (beaten my in set anxiety, liked them, not palmed off before ect) = 9

Total numbers/social media: 6

Number of times I got an initial reply from the text = 4

Times met up as 'friends as I'm [the girl] kinda seeing someone' = 1

Times stood up: 1

Number of first dates: drought

Number of second dates: Sahara

Number of sexual interactions: The vast void of space.

Takeaways

#1) No tangible 'success' away from my own personal success implies the need for intense personal development. I did nothing for these girls, there was never any attraction, hence the friendzone, being stood up, girls ghosting ect.

#2) Day game was taking up too much time due to avoiding approaching some girls, indicates lingering approach anxiety, especially for the really hot girls. Probably rooted in my own self worth.

#3) Time to get lean, and build a sharp as fuck wardrobe based on my new measurements.

#4) Time to crank open the social circle game e.g. meetup

#5) Time to sort my life out and put girls on the back burner, me as I am now is not working.

Voting on this result has closed.
    James likes this.
  17. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    You'll therefore be much more able to 'naturally' approach and meet girls as you go about your day-to-day life. I believe this is how 'girls naturally come into your life' as you build it.

Solid effort overall: 50 approaches is a lot and should certainly help you overcome and lessen your approach anxiety in the future. They say that the anxiety never fully goes, but that you instead develop the ability to overcome it.

And the confidence and self-worth will develop as you develop yourself.

Keep at it man; good write-up!

18. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    It's still there @Shaney96 , it's just not as reliably overpowering. Sometimes I'm on point, others I shy away. For example in ASDA I bailed on an approach today. I think it highlights though, the moment I leave the house I need to be more social as I'm always in or near the required 'state'.

Cheers breh. Good luck in yours.

19. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The result has been rated.

Congratulations on following this goal to the end!

The average goal result rating was: 2.40 (Grade: D — Failed goal).

Updates Report
    Total updates submitted: 9 of 9
    Average update rating: 2.44 (Small action towards goal)

Next Steps
    Take more care in choosing your next goal, and only commit to actions you are willing and able to carry out.

20. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Gort knows this shit. Was an ambitious goal.

Cheers for all your input through it guys.

Shaney96 likes this.