1. GoGetters Community is no longer actively maintained, and will be closing down in the future. Thankyou for your participation in this project. [ Details ]
    Dismiss Notice

Goal Getting a date from day game in the next 6 weeks

Discussion in 'Women' started by Tom, Dec 20, 2017.

Goal: Getting a date from day game by January 31, 2018 (finished)

100%

Completed

Member Tom commits to the following actions to achieve this goal

48 total approaches of indirect with some direct depending on nerves.

1. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The previous update has been rated.

The score was: 4.67.

Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 14 Jan 2018

2. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Cheers man! AAah the 3 second rule, forgot about the old classic. Shall I literally count 3-2-1 hey, how's it going?

3. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Man, I just read through this entire thread. Very impressive work @Tom and great advice from everyone else. It's great to hear how an approach doesn't have to be super daunting, as I always expected it to be. I don't think I have the bollocks to say 'hey, I just wanted to say hi as I thought you looked cute'. I've done that a couple of times, and I must have conveyed so much fucking anxiety as the set just blew up.

I can only advise to keep doing what you're doing. What's important to remember (and what I typically forget) is that, as long as you feel you're slightly out of your comfort zone, you're growing. A set didn't go too well? Look back and learn from it, leave it in the past, then move on with a smile on your face, for you've just done what many-a-man wouldn't dare do.

I feel this community is a great place to push for growth. It's helpful to have people pushing you, even if the force is only feint.

Keep up the work man, I've enjoyed reading through your substantial progress.

James and Jack like this.
  4. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Thnaks @Shaney96 !

I read your post too and dropped my from-a-no-success-dude point of view but I feel like what I said to you was what you said to me xD We know what we need to do, just need to push through the nerves!

James likes this.
  5. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Yes. There's a law in the universe where the more you avoid conflict/suffering/duty the more amplified the suffering will become :). It sounds crazy because you might think you will always need an opener or something decent to start a conversation with, but you have to trust your primal intelligence. IT will bail you out. And if it doesn't, it's a gift from the universe. Life is a great teacher!

6. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    @Fundinn Deep as fook xD food for thought thanks!

7. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal update is due.

Please submit an update on your goal progress.

8. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

Ok Bois.

Monday: 3 approaches for directions (trying to build that momentum) and 2 approaches asking where to get the best coffee. Tried to joke about being tired and where to get the best but nicest tasting coffee. Responses were mixed. Some receptive, some very cold. Started doing some uni work and fell out of the zone. Took the train home.

Tuesday: I was a wet fart. 1 direction approach. They laughed after I asked. Not sure what about and it shouldn't have mattered. But it was a slap and it fed my hungry anxiety demons.

Wednesday: manged 1 approach. Worked with one of my friends who kind of knows about my goal/red pill and I didn't really do anything after.

Thursday: 1 approach on the way to uni for directions. Was like shit, this week is going shit. Went off into town. 4 directions. Trying to build momentum. but once again the business of the shipping center always takes it out of me. Thought, Tom you fag, do something. recorded my voice when asking for directions. Came across OK [deleted it bois - put the Kleenex away]. Still couldn't muster up the courage to approach direct. Tried a new approach I saw on reddit.

** DISCLAIMER - DO NOT TRY!!! IT MAKES YOU FEEL PATHETIC BECAUSE IT IS**

It goes like this, approach and say along the lines of 'hey, i get nervous doing x/have certain anxieties, so I'm introducing myself to 5 girls a day. My names Tom'. The 2 girls I did it to took it well but it made me feel like shit. See the disclaimer.

Was time for home. late for the train, got some serious speed. Broke the sound barrier but missed the train. FUCK! Waited an hour, wantesd to approach a 6 in gym gear but bottled it. She headed off on a different train. Finally the train arrived and I really needed food (OMERGERD TEH ANABOLIC WINDOW WAS BEING MISSED!!1!1!!). Next stop, clocked a fit, edgy, slightly emo girl. My kind of girl. For me an 8/10. She clocked me.....

ENTER, THE MASTER SHLONG

She sat opposite me (I had a table) 'can I sit here?' (i guessed) me, 'huh?' (had my headphones on, noise cancelling as fook). She smiled as I took them off, 'is this seat taken'. Me 'naah go for it'. She sat down took out a small purse to put her tickets in.

I was sat there desperate to talk to her. I was thinking of an opener. 10 seconds passes. Still stuck. The tiny purse was still out. 20 seconds.....

'That is the smallest purse I've ever seen' [to be fair it was absolute tiny]

CHAD MODE ENGAGED - KILLER OPENER, TSUNAMI WARNINGS IN JAPAN

She smiled 'yeah, small purse for a small person'. Me, 'Ahhh right, how tall are you? her 'only 5 foot' Me, 'my sister beast you by 2 inches, and she would like the purse fore sure'. She smiled. Me 'so what brings you to x-city'. Out comes her day. We spoke for 30 minutes bois! Turns out she draws like me and listens to the same music, similar viewpoints.

We arrived at the stop before mine. me, 'hey, you seem cool, would you be up for drinks sometime?'. Her 'I feel like I should say this now, I have a boyfriend' Me 'OK cool, no worries. He into the same music?' We spoke about my hometown and hers. she tld me she's off the have a meal out with friends. Spoke about ice cream. I left. She told me enjoy your tea.

I honestly believe she was up for giving me her number. She kind of caught herself saying a but after she had a boyfriend. We had s much in common. next time, fuck it, I will push for it. Was the first proper boyfriend test I've had and I failed.

So boys. That concludes my week. The rest was me pussying out or left stranded with striking trains.

15 approaches.
    Sat at 34 now.

As a side note I didn't keep you updated throughout to try being more solo but I noticed my motivation lagged. You guys are really helping me out. I 100% will post after each day out next week as the feedback you guys give is invaluable and gets me pumped.

Voting on this update has closed.

Jack, Shaney96 and James like this.
  9. James

James Host

Nice. Good thinking on your feet using the purse as a prop.

It happens; you'll get the next one!

That's what we do here :D

Tom likes this.
  10. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Fuck yeah man; using something as a prop is great for openers. It's basically saying "I'm somewhat observant and am using this thing as an excuse to talk to you. Please, since I pointed the object out, tell me something about it or make some witty remark".

Not pathetic, since it takes balls to do it. Although just using an indirect opener would most likely have garnered better results, at least you went outside of your comfort zone instead of just staying in your head and fucking off home in a mard.

Funny how hypergamy can work, huh? Yeah, it's been said plenty that girls like persistance. It's great that you didn't react negatively to her saying she had a boyfriend; that's a great sign that you've developed your frame to a state where you're less reactive and more outcome independent, so great job on that man.

The main takeaway for me here is that you're making this into a habit, which is fucking important. As you think, you become. Keep it up man. Keep fucking doing these approaches, and don't see them as "something I said I'd do for this online forum". Really form a habit out of them, and natural abundance will follow.

Solid progress man.

Tom likes this.
  11. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Yeah man that's the goal. The train one was good as it felt natural, we were both into it and it just 'happened'. That low key day game whilst I'm commuting that I haven't been able to do for 3 years of uni.

12. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The previous update has been rated.

The score was: 4.00.

No more progress updates will come due on this goal (but you can still post them).
    Your goal results will come due on Wed, 31 Jan 2018

13. James

James Host

Not sure why it's wanting a 2 week leeway in this case. I'll have it looked into.

14. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    My boi Gort going easy on me xD Plans for day game tomorrow so I'll give a field report tomorrow.

Jack and James like this.
  15. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Have you considered changing your day-game approaches up? For example, giving yourself a mini-challenge each day. Just like in the gym, adding variety to something you're trying to develop forces you and your body to react to new situations, inducing even more growth.

For example:
    - Today I will be on special lookout (that sounds creepy as fuck, I know) for a cute girl in a coffee shop. This approach may be awkward, but it's new and scary, and I'll learn more from it than re-doing approaches I'm getting more comfortable with.
    - Today I will be ever-conscious of my posture and my eye-contact, and, when walking around, will ensure that I'm practising keeping good posture and maintaining eye-contact with every girl I deem attractive, as they walk by.

16. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    yeah for sure man, I'll try it out.

17. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal update is due.

Please submit an update on your goal progress.

18. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

Bois.....

Goal update is bad.

No approaches. I could make excuses but I got lazy and used the work I needed to do as a way of convincing myself not to approach.

Shit week :(

Voting on this update has closed.

19. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Well, if you face the situation of having to do your remaining approaches on the last day it will be interesting. Don't beat yourself up TOO much, but if no attempts were made you will feel like your left tire is going flat. Momentum takes time to build up, don't let inactivity get you back to the starting block. It's something like this: every day skipped is two days lost. At least the first few weeks, if inconsistent. You can't let yourself slip even once when you start, the discipline and the fear of messing up will overpower you and then it leads to a defeatist outlook of the future.

If it can help, here are two exerts from my favorite book, The Seven habits of highly effective people:

"human effectiveness involves more than a little willpower and a few minor changes in our lives. "Lift Off" takes a tremendous effort, but once we break out of the gravity pull, our freedom takes on a whole new dimension. Like any natural force, gravity pull can work with us or against us."

"It's sometimes a painful process. It's a change that has to be motivated by a higher purpose, by the willingness to subordinate what you think you want now for what you want later."

Find your higher purpose Tom, or imagine the negative future:
    - I will be remembered for the guy who tried a couple of times, but never nailed it in the coffin.
    - If I ever have kids, I will tell them that I never got around talking to women freely. I ended up settling(don't tell mom).
    - I'll be OK knowing that I dug a tunnel and stopped before seeing the light on the other side, I love digging unfinished tunnels anyways.

Anyways, I'm hoping you take all of this with a bit of humor, so laugh a bit and get back in the trenches :), enjoy the process!

Tom, Kostadin, Jack and 1 other person like this.
  20. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    This literally is the future if I carry on as I am.

Cheers @Fundinn . Gogetters philosopher strikes again with another thought provoking response. Cheers dude.