1. GoGetters Community is no longer actively maintained, and will be closing down in the future. Thankyou for your participation in this project. [ Details ]
    Dismiss Notice

Goal Getting a date from day game in the next 6 weeks

Discussion in 'Women' started by Tom, Dec 20, 2017.

Goal: Getting a date from day game by January 31, 2018 (finished)

100%

Completed

Member Tom commits to the following actions to achieve this goal

48 total approaches of indirect with some direct depending on nerves.

1. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    It seems like anxiety and laziness got the better of you, Tom. I have an idea, but I don't know if you're going to like it. (and if you do NOT like it, then it is a must that you apply it ;))
    What is the one thing that determines the way a man acts a lot of the time? His pride. Men do a lot of stupid stuff, because swallowing one's pride is something that would destroy us mentally. There are two ways that I can think of in which you can use this feature to your advantage:
    1) Make a deal with yourself: "Unless I do X, I'm going to do Y." X should be what you want to do, Y something very unpleasant to you. What happens if you don't do both? Your pride will destroy you from the inside. (just be careful with choosing Y, because if you have to do it, you wouldn't want to hurt or kill yourself I assume)
    2) Make a deal with a friend: "You're going to do X, and I'm going to do Y." or "We both are going to do X." In the first example, X and Y may not be of the same difficulty, so it's hard to make this one fair. The second one, however, will work almost every time, unless both of you shit your pants. "If he did this, there is no way I can't do it as well." (I trust you that the challenges will be at least a bit sensible, please don't fire fireworks at each other's asses)

Those were my 2 cents. Good luck.

2. Jack

Jack Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    You've done really well up til now, you've made mad approaches and you are pursuing a goal that is going to come with a lot of moments that will shake your confidence, it's natural that it wasn't going to be smooth sailing throughout.

You're still here and you've already proven you can complete this goal, if you are finding it hard to get back into it, maybe look back at your first progress reports and re-apply your thinking and plans to ramp back up? Just gotta dive back in man, you got this.

3. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    @Kostadin I like the idea. Having a think of what I can put for my x and y :D

@Jack Just done it man :D

Thanks for the encouraging words guys. In uni tomorrow. Time to get my ass working again.

Jack likes this.
  4. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The previous update has been rated.

The score was: 1.00.

No more progress updates will come due on this goal (but you can still post them).
    Your goal results will come due on Wed, 31 Jan 2018

5. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Slight update bois.

Yesterday approached a girl in the Geology Pc cluster who I hadn't seen before. 'Is that the mapping project you are working on?' She was a third year geologist, chatted about a dew things, joking about the mapping ect.

Today approached 2 girls working in the Geology building. First girl we smiled and we said hi. Spoke about exams.

2nd girl, I saw her working on her mapping and asked her how it was going on. Wow she seemed into the conversation. Asking me loads of questions. I've seen her before, got that Latina vibe going. Stood next to the water fountain (I had a shitty pizza for dinner and it dried me like a raisin) talking about bugs in her home country. She asks me for my name and I'm like do it Tom, ask for date/contact details. Thinking this just ended up me give her an awkward jumble goodbye and we parted ways.

3 more approaches to add. Puts me at 37 now.

James likes this.
  6. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    That's an instant green-flag my man. This is "Hey I'm actually interested in you; please ask for my number oh Tom."

Nice work approaching. Try looking for these none-verbal cues next time you interact with a girl. The only way you'll better pick up on them is through talking to girls and looking for IOIs, so you're better able to pick up on them.

7. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    So ask at the end, 'we should grab a drink sometime, what's your number?'

8. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Perfect man; exactly that. The more confident you appear when you say it, the better. Have no apprehension in your questioning and convey that you know she's attracted to you, and you're laughing.

Tom likes this.
  9. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Yeah, and do it rocking some weight to your back foot as you ask the questions. A bit of negative body language to show you barely know her and therefore don't feel fully-invested and will move on to other affairs will give her the impression that you consider her as nothing more than someone you just met(Cause that's the truth!).

And I here's how I would formulate it :

"Hey all of this is pretty interesting. I would love to know more, I have to go*, but we should have a drink or a coffee, what's your number?"

There's nothing that will happen if you get the number and don't set up a date on the spot. So schedule something on the spot. Or try to do so, if she doesn't want to, then that number would have been useless.

* Key moment when negative language comes into play.

These details come from some PUA video by Mystery I was watching some time ago, it confirmed the successful times I got more out of an approach.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  10. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal achievement results are due.

Please submit a report on your achievement of this goal. The community will then rate your result. You can include any evidence that helps present your result.

11. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
  12. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Result

OK so, I managed 5 approaches at refreshers fair (just the fit girls on the stands but I tried to veer the topic away from their socity to them e.g where are you from ect.) that puts me at a total approaches of 42/48.

I missed the action commitment. Partly, I still can't shift the thoughts in my head 'they don't want to talk' 'it's creepy Tom' 'They wouldn't like it anyway' 'don't bother them' 'she's busy' 'she looks like she needs to get stuff done' ect. Think it's just many years of being a nice guy white knight blue pill chode.

As far as a date goes, none, but I got 1 number and 1 Facebook add (a girl on the fresher fair took my phone and added herself as I was searching for the society. Time to send her a message?)

So, I'll be doing the same again. Same goal, same action commitment. I think I need to try a slightly different approach with the actual approaches though. Maybe not the day hard day game but something more natural. I was reading back the first page about the coffee shop and props.

Question for the community: Hot girls are studying, sitting at uni all the time how can I give myself that plausible deniability that even convinces my chode self that the approach is ok?

Voting on this result has closed.
  13. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Fucking props to you man; that's impressive. Try to really appreciate this: that girl found you that attractive that she did all the leg-work for you by just saying "I ain't giving this guy a chance to leave without a way to contact me." Well done man, seriously.

There's no need to dwell on 'well, perhaps she was just being kind and caring. Maybe she just wants to grow the society by being nice." Maybe that's true, but do not use these as rationalizations to not take action.. TAKE ACTION. Message her tomorrow. Do it.

By appreciating that rejection isn't nearly as bad as regret.
    By appreciating that you're just talking to a person of the opposite sex. That nothing is expected from the interaction other than words coming out of your mouth.

14. James

James Host

Seeing someone else doing it.

One thing I noticed when I used to look out for it was how easy to miss it is. The approach being "OK'd" takes seconds, either she dismisses him immediately, or gives him time to talk. So unless you're paying attention, you'll either see them after parting ways or just some guy talking to some girl.

The easiest way is seeing approach videos on YouTube (just screen out the bullshit guys).

Indeed.

Pretty close though, just an additional session or two would've put it over.

15. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Cheers xD Was a political society so I can add to the conversation ok.

So I've done it, she responded. She wanted to make sure I got the email about the society pub meet. So either 1) she wants me there or 2) she wants to promote her society as best as possible.

How do I get this nailed down in my head? To not give a shit and do the approach. Even now as I type a mate has just said it isn't the way it's done these days.

I like James Tusk. Not a fan of many others but James Tusk's mantra is solid. No bs and chill.

I watch his videos on the train before a session but as soon as my headphones are off and I feel the breeze on my face and see the girls.... BAM I lose that pump I had when watching his vid.

Does this now get reset on this thread or can a attach a new goal?

16. James

James Host

People will vote on the result (versus the goal), and then it will time out and change to "completed" (with Gort's mini report).

And then when you're ready, you start the next one as a new goal thread.

You'll always give a shit, you just learn to manage that feeling. A boxer's afraid of being punched like anyone else, but he just notes it and carries on. Keeps you on your toes anyway.

As for your mate, ask him "what's the way?". As though there were only one...
    I don't think daygame (random approaching women in public) is the best, but I don't think there is a best. Most people who are together have always met each other through other factors bringing them closer together. "Warm approach" so to speak. Then there are those who hooked up using an app or a wasted night at a bar and decided to just keep it going.

But the true non situation specific cold approach, has this certain power to it. It reaches into the edges. It hits so far from your existing comfortable social circles. Two people from completely different walks of life entering into an interaction which could ultimately end up in bed. Very powerful. But the payoff profile I think reflects that. The "that just happened?" feelings come through, like you've achieved something disconnected from reality. Some woman with a job you've never heard of, from some walk of life you didn't know existed, etc.

So pursing this certainly isn't a waste of time. You never know when that moment might show up, where you know that approach must be made, and having done this work meant the different between something great starting, or you slinking off thinking about it.

But definitely good idea to work in "warm approach" too, like in your other goal.

17. Jack

Jack Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    @Tom I don't have anything really to add as far as advice because you are already way more experienced than I am in approaching women like this, but I think you achieved your goal. Even if you didn't meet the exact number you set out for, you got a lot of invaluable experience and pushed yourself out of your comfort zone so that's gotta be commended.

With the girl who gave you her facebook details, she definitely wants you to come to this event, whether that's because she sees you as a social prospect or something more isn't really worth dwelling on, she wants you there so just go meet her and see how it plays out. Also consider maybe she is interested in you, but you might not end up being interested in her, at this stage its just two people who have gotten on well. Play it chill and have fun, the society itself might be great for your other goal if it's your kind of thing.

18. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    I guess bruh. I'll have to set the next goal as the same. I need to break that fear. Missing approaches of girls who are checking me out. Dressing better and bringing is some gains at the moment is helping xD

Which leads on to....

100%. And this is WHY I'm doing the day game now so that cute girl drawing in a coffee shop in the future can be approached.

Too kind fam xD

The way it'll have to be fam. She's stopped replying so I'll go and just chat; take it chill :D

19. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The result has been rated.

Congratulations on following this goal to the end!

The average goal result rating was: 2.83 (Grade: C- — Marginal fail).

Updates Report
    Total updates submitted: 4 of 4
    Average update rating: 2.92 (Medium action towards goal)

Next Steps
    You were close to achieving this goal, and you took medium action. For the next goal, strive your best!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2018
  20. James

James Host

^ Looks like it's missed one of the updates, will have to see why. I'll manually recalculate the average update rating later.