1. GoGetters Community is no longer actively maintained, and will be closing down in the future. Thankyou for your participation in this project. [ Details ]
    Dismiss Notice

Intro

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jmc715, Dec 24, 2017.

1. jmc715

jmc715 New Member

Rating points:
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Jacob and I am currently a sophomore in college. I would personally consider myself a average to decent looking guy. I've had interest from average looking girls but have never been able to make moves. I grew up in a small town and went to a Catholic school for most of my life, which I feel like has hindered me socially. The only real friends I have so far into college are the ones I made in high school. I know a lot of people, but I am very distant to everyone other than my close friends. I am pretty timid around people that I don't know and don't open up to people until I know them very well. I believe this is because I was called weird a lot growing up and I still haven't gained enough confidence to get over that. Personally, I believe my number one issue is confidence and that my main goal should be to build up my confidence.

Also, I already have a sheet written out of measurable goals that I plan on working towards over Christmas break. I will type that out on here sometime soon and will also go into more detail on other stuff I think is important. I'm glad to be here and excited to see where this site goes!

James likes this.
  2. James

James Host

Glad to have you on board.

We look forward to your first goal.

3. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Read No more Mr nice guy. It will explain how you've ended up where you are. I'm half way through it. It is amazing.

Lets turn you into a tank.

Same man! Looking forward to your goals!

As a side note, I can relate to what you have written. I've always been know as the weird video game, yugioh, warhammer, forever alone chode. Say it with me: Fuck them.

Have a good Christmas dude.

Jack and James like this.
  4. jmc715

jmc715 New Member

Rating points:
    Just read the first three chapters and I definitely relate. However, I feel like my feelings of inadequacy aren't as deeply ingrained as the people discussed in the book. I feel like its a problem I developed in High school and am starting to get over it now. I definitely go into this nice guy mode around strangers and in "threatening places" (bars, classroom full of strangers, etc.), but on my own and around my friends I pretty much do what I want. I'll be reading the rest of the book over the next couple weeks so we'll see what my thoughts are after that.

Now onto my first set of Goals:

Apparently it takes 21 days to form a habit and, very conveniently, there are exactly 21 days until I go back to school. So over these next 21 days I want to lay the groundwork for whats to come. I have two distinct goals:
    • Establish a base - inner/mental
    • Get back to lifting - outer/physical
    Establish a Base

My goal for next 21 days is to begin developing habits that will allow me to be successful. Here are the sub-goals I already have written up:
    • Fix my sleeping Schedule - Right now I'm starting at going to bed at midnight and waking up between 8 and 9. Eventually I would like to move it down to sleep at 11 and wake at 7 and also add a 1 hour personal time before bed. Plan on allowing 1 exception a week.
    • Develop Hobbies - I don't put enough time into stuff I enjoy doing right now. Im going to allot times for me to work on hobby's and try out new stuff.
    • Read every day - Starting out reading "No More Mr Nice Guy". At least One Chapter a day and also apply/ doing the exercises provided by the book. Once I finish, I will move onto another book.
    Get Back to Lifting

I was doing very good earlier this year. Lifted consistently from January until August. Put on 15 pounds to move up to 167. Then I dislocated my elbow messing around with some friends and went back down to 150... Im just now regaining confidence in it to do stuff like pushups and pressing very light weight. I'm not sure how much I can get back, dislocated elbows and lifting apparently don't mix well, but I'm going to try. If all goes well my ultimate goal is to get my body weight up to 200, while maximizing strength and muscle gain.
    • 3,000 calories a day - Track on myfitnesspal. Starting out not worrying about health and just focusing on calories. Once It becomes easy then I will transition over to healthier meals.
    • Read "Guide to becoming a subtle Leopard" - Every time I've consistently gotten into lifting an injury happens. So this makes it seem like my bodies not moving correctly. Like my inner goals, I want to build a base for my body. Instead of jumping straight into lifting, I'm going to figure my body out first this time. I'll read at least a chapter a day from this book and apply what I learn daily.
    So that is pretty much what my plan is. Once these 21 days are up I will re-evaluate. I will keep track of everything with an excel sheet and I also play on keeping a daily journal of everything I learn. I haven't decided if I should do that on here or in a private notebook. If I do it on here I would be held more accountable to do it. Anyways, thats it. Completely open to any suggestions or alternate paths you guys give me. Just laying out what my thoughts are here. Let me know what you think!

5. James

James Host

@jmc715 looks good.

The gym goal you can put in Fitness, and is probably the easiest to implement as a goal.

The "base" goal might take some brainstorming to structure it into a clear goal. Either way, you can put it in Misc.