1. GoGetters Community is no longer actively maintained, and will be closing down in the future. Thankyou for your participation in this project. [ Details ]
    Dismiss Notice

Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MadMountains, Dec 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MadMountains

MadMountains New Member

Hello all...

Came here from TRP. Also spent a lot of time on /pol/. Used to be an academic overachiever.
    Now 30 years old. Good STEM job. Comfortable enough life. Good genes but 300lbs fat.

I could rant but the bottom line is I gotta lose the weight and work faster to get what I want. 2 pounds a week for a year would be sufficient...which requires eating zero carbs/sugars or processed fake food.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  2. James

James Host

Welcome @MadMountains ,
    Looks like you have a good focused concept for a goal. Weight loss is one of the easiest goals for the community to hold you accountable to (you can just post a picture of your weight-scale each week).

So now you can start a Brainstorming thread in the Fitness sub-forum, and we'll brainstorm the details of your course of action, and the target for your goal (usually a fixed lbs weightloss target).

3. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    I'm skeptical of the zero carbs stuff. Calorie deficit is ultimately whats needed. I lost 30 lbs eating a deficit (pretty harsh at like 700 cals under maintenance) of 60% carbs, the rest split into protein and fat in 6 weeks, whilst studying for exams. Make sure you lift though.

You could try zero carbs for 3 months and see how you feel?

4. James

James Host

Yeah diet content is a tough one, as it seems hard to reach a consensus on what diets help or hinder weight loss. As I understand it, there are some foods that quench hunger with less calories than others, e.g. low GI carbs aren't as bad as high GI carbs. So it can be part of a weightloss regime, although ultimately the core of weightloss is "put the fork down", followed by exercise.

But I plan to add a section to this forum where reputable scientific papers can be gathered and listed on these topics, once I've got everything else going OK.

Fundinn likes this.