1. GoGetters Community is no longer actively maintained, and will be closing down in the future. Thankyou for your participation in this project. [ Details ]
    Dismiss Notice

Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Shiroi Takade, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Shiroi Takade

Shiroi Takade New Member

Hello all,

I'm currently a college student in the US, which is my main focus for the time being. This takes up most of my time, although I am trying to find time for a job, working out ect. I wanted to join this community because I felt like I never really had a strong mentor to learn or seek guidance from.

Here are some other personal aspects that I think would be relevant:

Since transferring colleges from my hometown to my current one, I have had an expected shift in my social situation. I was never much of a social person before, preferring to operate individually, but still maintaining a small group of close friends. My new location has nobody I know from my hometown, so I have had to rebuild my social circles pretty much from scratch. I am trying to expand these, as I feel less restricted than in my hometown, but I still need to work on it.

Within the past year, my first LTR had ended quite abruptly, which really threw me for a loop in terms of how I saw women and relationships in general. I feel significantly recovered from the event, and kind of want to get back into dating, but lack both the motivation and social skills to really achieve anything (in my opinion).

Currently, I am considering picking up hockey and will be using the free time I'll have over break to start working out in preparation for it. I have had friends share their workout schedules and tips with me, but they're training for different sports/ reasons than me, so I'm still trying to get together a personal plan for myself.

Well, I think thats about it for now. I'm looking forward to working with you all and helping grow this community

2. James

James Host

Welcome @Shiroi Takade,

So what would you like to start work on first?

3. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Hey man.

I personally think getting a strong social circle started up will really help. Will help with dating too.

Perhaps get really involved with hockey? Join the college society, watch games, approach PEOPLE (maybe not just all girls) at hockey games, get Facebook friends, organise events, get a role in the hockey societies (girls get to see YOU organise events), see if some hockey guys will hit the gym with you ect.

Take some time out for yourself this Christmas, and I hope you have a good one.

Look forward to hearing more and all the best.

4. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Hi Shiroi, welcome to the forums. How is all of your time taken up by studying alone? Is it some kind of intensive program? You might want to quickly fill in a wheel of life and see if you are intentional in all areas of your life.