1. GoGetters Community is no longer actively maintained, and will be closing down in the future. Thankyou for your participation in this project. [ Details ]
    Dismiss Notice

Goal Lose 1% Body fat by March 15th while sticking to my exercise plan.

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Jack, Jan 17, 2018.

?

Should I include the number of times I smoke with my weekly report?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    16.7%

Goal: Lose 1% Body fat by March 15th while sticking to my exercise plan. by March 15, 2018 (finished)

100%

Closed

Member Jack commits to the following actions to achieve this goal

Track kcal intake keeping a 500 deficit. Attend the gym/cardio sessions 3 times each per 7 days.

1. Jack

Jack Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    So the last week has been rough, general fatigue is taking a toll on my discipline. It feels a bit like I'm trapped in a cycle of waking up tired, going to work coming home feeling drained emotionally and physically, and then not getting much done before I have to sleep so I can get up for work again the next day.

I managed to go to the gym once, so I missed two sessions but I'm writing this having just been again so I'm confident that I'll be able to at the very least keep that up.

@Fundinn Wise words, my issue is that I'm either 100% on board or not at all, if I can get my groceries and count what I'm eating then I drop weight easily but inevitably something pops up and throws everything out and I slip back into bad habits. I have time tomorrow so I'm going to try and do a shop then.

This sounds like a winner so I'm going to give it a shot to start with. My only concern is a lack of nutritional value from frozen food? My go to fast meal is a bag of mixed salad and a source of protein so I'll look and see if they have fresh bags of mixed veg.

Definitely a good shout, I love lentils and chick peas etc. so maybe a mixed base of this kind of thing would make sure the meal lasts me for a while.

@James @Shaney96 @Tom

I've experienced crab mentality when I was losing weight before, and when I successfully quit smoking the first time, and I'm fairly confident it isn't that, I can generally recognise insecurity within myself so I'm sure it's just that, if anything I think the comments people were making were supportive. I'm just allergic to attention sometimes. I Appreciate the input though.

The tripod is house property not technically mine so someone is just borrowing it, I haven't looked for it in a while because of the lack of energy I've had recently, so that's on me.

I think my upcoming trip and extra work on our new rota have combined to give me some really easy excuses not to keep on top of shit, I haven't been as active as I want to be on here, and my self-development has stalled in some areas, but in others I've actually seen improvement.

I've been listening to a lot of talks about male-centred improvement and this stuff is still all I think about. I've reigned in some issues I was having at work being social with customers and that feels like a big win, we have a lot of regulars and while i'm very outgoing and confident initiating conversation with strangers at the start, I have big problems maintaining that. It's an act which while convincing at first falls to pieces rapidly due to shit small-talk. I've made progress keeping things light hearted and trying to be genuinely interested with strong positive signals. It works but it also feels counter productive, I don't really want to be an agreeable person, but I need to be accommodating because that's my job. It's definitely off-topic but if anyone has any ideas they would be very welcome.

2. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    I'm pretty sure they still hold enough nutrients.

'Cooking and freezing are generally regarded as destructive to antioxidants, and this has fostered a belief among many consumers that raw vegetables are nutritionally superior to their frozen and/or cooked forms. In the current study, we provide evidence that this is not always the case.'
    - Effect of home freezing and Italian style of cooking on antioxidant activity of edible vegetables. Danesi, F., Bordoni, A. Research Center on Nutrition and Vitamins, Dept. of Biochemistry G. Moruzzi, Univ. of Bologna, Via Irnero, Bologna, Italy. Journal of Food Science, 2008 Aug;73(6):H109-12.

'studies suggest frozen veggies have just as many nutrients (if not more) as their fresh counterparts'

'However, be careful with the prep: Studies suggest thawing frozen veggies before cooking can actually speed up vitamin C losses in frozen peas, spinach, okra, and green beans'

- https://greatist.com/health/frozen-vs-fresh-which-vegetables-are-best

With veggies having minimal calories too, you could max out on the veg to make up for any (if any) nutrient loss.

Do it man! Recent documentary showed how chickpeas help sleep too!

I guess bask in your glory :D

Regarding the fatigue maybe a week of maintenance and rest is due?

I think if you're practicing small talk on your costumers it won't effect your goal of not being an agreeable person, just see it for what it is. Practice to help you further reign in some identified problems.

There's also the 30 day small talk challenge. I'm thinking of doing it (might even do another goal). You in if I'm in? :D Would be very time consuming to keep track of results. Maybe a photo of a journal page.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comments/3uyv1x/30_day_challenge_small_talk/

3. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal update is due.

Please submit an update on your goal progress.

4. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Update not submitted.

The goal update was not submitted within the time limit.

5. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal achievement results are due.

Please submit a report on your achievement of this goal. The community will then rate your result. You can include any evidence that helps present your result.

6. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Thanks for clarifying that. I've believed for a long time that frozen veggies and mixed berries were good as long as they were prepared immediately instead of being left off the counter for several hours. I didn't know that freezing was regarded as destructive to antioxidants... my main argument was that they don't have to spray the produce with chemicals for shipping. For example, most of our frozen bags will come from California, that's not exactly next-door. I find that sliced mango's are better frozen than delivered from Costa Rica with an inch of varnish on the skin.

That being said, I recently found out that some companies use an agent to keeps the fruits and veggies from sticking together when frozen... not sure what that entails.

7. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    @Fundinn Chemicals and shit in everything. It's horrible. Study released in the UK showed that every water bottle company has particles of plastic small enough to enter the bloodstream :/

8. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Well, I think that there is still a lot of room for us to aim for the 'healthier' medium.

I recently saw a guy buy only processed food, 2 liters of pepsi and a baguette with Philadelphia cream cheese and nutella. I had to look twice, damn: "This is your weekly grocery run?". Going that route... at least get some beer :)

9. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Result report not submitted.

The goal achievement report and evidence was not submitted within the time limit, so this goal has been closed.

Updates Report
    Total updates submitted: 4 of 7
    Average update rating: 3.50 (Medium action towards goal)