1. GoGetters Community is no longer actively maintained, and will be closing down in the future. Thankyou for your participation in this project. [ Details ]
    Dismiss Notice

Goal Lose 7lbs in 7 weeks.

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Shaney96, Jan 20, 2018.

Goal: Lose 7lbs in 7 weeks by March 12, 2018 (finished)

100%

Completed

Member Shaney96 commits to the following actions to achieve this goal

Be in a 500 calorie deficit each day.

1. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Approval

Having gotten some scales delivered, I'll be weighing myself at least once a day, and taking an average per week. Overall, I should have lost 7lbs in 7 weeks.

The aim is to get to a point where I'm cut down enough to begin a lean bulk. Of course, I will still be weight-training.

2. James

James Host

How will you be determining you are in a 500 calorie deficit?
    Will you be posting the weights (now and future) here?

3. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    1750 calories a day hits that deficit, and I will be using MyFitnessPal to track calories.

I will indeed.

4. Jack

Jack Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Solid clean goal man, good luck!

5. zanemwarwick

zanemwarwick New Member

Rating points:
    Clear and simple goal. I voted yes.

What kind of weight training are you doing?

6. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    I'm following a PHUL routine that I've customised a little.

7. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal approved!

The community voted to approve this goal as Doable and SMART.
    Now, do your best to succeed! Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 28 Jan 2018.

8. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal update is due.

Please submit an update on your goal progress.

9. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

For this week:

Average weight (morning): 167.9lbs
    Average weight (evening (excluding tonight)): 170.4
    Average weight: 169.2lbs
    Average caloric intake: 1942 calories/day

Went out Friday night and had 2 pints, but binged when I got back, so that skewed my calories unfortunately. Hitting the gym much harder this week, and am disciplining myself to go back to the gym after work to finish my workout. I'm also shifting my diet towards low-carb, which I fucked up by scoffing cereal Friday night and have also been eating fruit at work. The plus is that I've resisted all cake that's been offered at work.

Voting on this update has closed.

10. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Dirty bulk gainZ

Almost a lb bro! What's your height?

11. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    I'm 5'9". Although the stats don't show I've lost weight, I've already seen a difference in my physique.
    I think that, since I've gotten back on my diet and have been kicking it at the gym, I've just kicked my muscles back into life after they took that break.

12. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    I'm 5'8 164 empty in the morning after a shit, but packing some flab gains. You've got some gains on me dude!

13. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The previous update has been rated.

The score was: 3.33.

Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 04 Feb 2018

14. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal update is due.

Please submit an update on your goal progress.

15. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

Average weight: 168.75lbs.

Friday and Saturday were, again, pretty bingey. Saturday was a fucking joke really. I ate out then just ate and ate and ate when I got home and ended
    up making myself sick about 8 times at 2am...

I feel that I lost sight of my goal on Saturday, that I didn't see myself as losing anymore weight so my mind was just like 'well, fuck it'. At times like this I think I should go and look at some weightlifting videos to help re-inspire me and re-align my vision.

I also think I cut a little hard this week. It may not look like it, but being on ~1750 calories while going to the gym and cycling eventually made me feel pretty weak. I went to BJJ for the first time since November, and the morning after I just felt fucked. I am now getting much more sleep, but I still sometimes feel tired even when having 8.5 hours, and I feel that's because my body's still trying to adjust to going down to a much lower caloric intake.

Takeaways:
    - When you're feeling like binging or just don't 'see the point', drink some fucking water to get rid of those hunger pangs and go watch some Ronnie Coleman or some shit.
    - Keep myself busier on weekends. Yesterday evening I got into a shitty cycle of not doing anything, so I then felt like doing nothing, then I got really bored so I ate, then kept eating. Since I hadn't had sugary shit throughout the entire week, it was like a drug.. If I keep myself busy and just keep the fuck away from sugary shit, I should be aight.
    - I did go out Friday night, and only drank diet coke in the pub. Furthermore, it was the first time in a hell of a long time where I didn't eat after drinking, I instead came home, chilled for a bit, and went to bed. I am to limit myself to 2 pints when I go out.
    [​IMG]

Voting on this update has closed.

16. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Could this be too low man? I've only ever done a fast weight loss (was unhappy weith being 35% bf) and I cut hard but I have no idea of what it should feel like on a slow measured cut.

Read up on super hydration. It is in my opinion the best way to cut. Like a poor mans clenbuterol xD (to keep in terms with this forums rules - ANYONE READING THIS DO NOT DO A CELNBUTEROL CYCLE)

So you binged. But you lost weight. Will slow the cut but at least you'll have some fun doing ti right? ;)

17. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The previous update has been rated.

The score was: 3.00.

Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 11 Feb 2018

18. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    For my cut last year, it felt fine. But for now, considering I'm heavier and do more exercise, it's definitely less sustainable. I'm going to continue on for a few weeks on these calories, then increase them by one or two hundred to nicely finish off my cut.

I'll have a look. I do drink up to 5 litres a day, so if the method is similar to "if hunger = true then drink()" then I should be sound.

This is key.
    "You binged. Get the fuck over it. Reflect on it, learn from it, and move forward. There is no point dwelling on one mistake when you can push forward toward your goal."

19. James

James Host

Binging is fine, so long as it's binging on winning.

Lol, it wouldn't fall under 'recreational'.

My opinion though is PED should only be considered in the case where someone has genuinely made a sustained focused hard work attempt to reach a bodily goal, and it's genuinely insufficient (i.e. almost never) and they really want it. Unless the goal is "become a roid monster", in which case well OK up to you.

20. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Got to keep that metabolism up right? ;)

You're already doing it xD 5 litres = 1 gallon = shredded as fook.