1. GoGetters Community is no longer actively maintained, and will be closing down in the future. Thankyou for your participation in this project. [ Details ]
    Dismiss Notice

Goal Lose 7lbs in 7 weeks.

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Shaney96, Jan 20, 2018.

Goal: Lose 7lbs in 7 weeks by March 12, 2018 (finished)

100%

Completed

Member Shaney96 commits to the following actions to achieve this goal

Be in a 500 calorie deficit each day.

1. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Aimlessness is vicious. Without a target, you can't shoot. But now that a lot of people don't know where there headed and will refuse to think about it. So it's ok to feel at a loss.

What are your options then? Can you put it on hold and focus on other aspects of your life? Or if it's a poor place to game, is there anything else that would help you in that regard? Thinking inside the box, within the rules of your situation, what is it that you could do?

Get Leechblock asap haha. The reason you are doing so is because you are resisting matters you don't want to deal with. You are resisting life!

Throw doubt out the window for the duration of this challenge. Absolutely every move you do from now until the last day needs to be in-line with your initial mission statement. If you dislike it and want to scrap it, do it after the challenge. By completing it you respect your word. Which is what really matters.

Good idea.

You know Shaney, perhaps you are. Re-think for a moment why you started these goals. Each goal needs a strong "why?".

You will become your environment. It takes a lot of willpower to individually change the culture of a workplace... and time. You might want to look at other opportunities or perhaps see if you can share your thoughts on wanting more social time to your management.

2. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Exactly where I am. I realised that mid way through the day game goal.

Societies and mixed scoial group man. Go out drinking with them. Shit will happen. Happened to my friends revealed in the day after stories in elctures (I just spent the night on dota)

Besides ebay, this is what happened to me today. I need to do my masters!

I feel better after putting down trp. It helps to a certain point (body, boundaries ect.), after that the negativity and endless fear of AWALT and chad just becomes unhealthy.

Your job ends soon? I guess just tank it out if possible. At least you know how you feel and talk openly and you can start to pick bits to deal with.

3. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

Somehow my lifts are still getting better in the gym. Again, it shows I wasn't putting all my effort in. Going harder each session. Missed BJJ last week as I was feeling anxious and my mind went off on one. Friday night was spent drinking. Got pretty fucked up but didn't eat any shite after drinking, which is a first for me as I usually binge.

Sunday was a different story. After breaking my fast, I just kept going back into the kitchen and consuming whatever I could find. I'm aiming to go as close to keto as I can, which means not eating any fruit at work. Managed today fine. What I find with low-carb diets is that you're more satiated throughout the day and, since you're not consuming simple sugars or pastries, you're not craving at all - food becomes fuel rather than something to indulge. I hope to adopt this mindset as I recall when I got down to 139lbs (not a healthy weight) I saw food purely as fuel.

As @Fundinn rightly stated: I'm gonna carry this out to stay true to my word and remain integral to myself. The weight seems to have stayed the same on average, so this has been something of a 'recomp', rather than a cut. The aim now is to just cut that fat off and ensure I remain occupied at the weekend so as to not be tempted by my flatmate's pastry shit that's been my downfall the past few weeks (also, eating my Uncle's food is pathetic and embarrassing, so this alone has made me want to stop it).

[​IMG]

Voting on this update has closed.

4. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Yeah, but it's still difficult to accept when you lack a definitive direction. The important thing is to keep going, no matter what.

I believe my absolute only option is to see if I can attend a group class at this leisure centre. I'm not sure if I need a monthly membership or what, but the only other option is going solo clubbing at the weekend to the local shitty club, which is far from ideal and is something I find very difficult to do.

Gym, guitar, hoping to do a side project or two. Yeah, there are definitely other areas. I've been impatient recently (as you can see from that last update) in the sense that I've been wanting girls in my life. This comes from a place of neediness and lack of comfortability with being so isolated. I don't want to just accept that I won't be getting laid until Uni (although that sure is a possibility), but it's important that I don't let the lack of opportunity consume me as it has been.

I've never had a ONS, so am not that confident gaming solo in a club. I feel my only real option is with doing something on an evening each week at the leisure centre, so I'll look into this. More important is that I realize that this isn't an opportune time for focusing on game, and that I should instead direct my energy toward things I can control and improve upon daily.

Downloaded it last night, used today. Didn't go on either app until after work, and that was only 5 minutes on Reddit, not eBay. I realize I was going on the apps habitually, and it actually added to my anxiety because I knew I shouldn't have been on them. Ridiculous really.

I'm speaking to my line-manager this week regarding new things I want to do. Unfortunately, I'm here as a coding monkey, so there's absolutely no social aspect. I'm okay with this, since it's what I signed-up for, however it's just made me realize/learn that I am more comfortable in a more social environment.

5. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Yeah, that's why I'm looking forward to Uni. It's more difficult than I imagined to build one where I currently am. So far I'm yet to have been invited out once. Last week this guy messaged me telling me he wasn't going to be able to see me at the pub, and he texts me this after telling me he could come, after the time we were supposed to meet. Another guy ignored my message, and the guy from the gym hasn't been able to 2 weeks on the trot. I asked my barber tonight to message me about a pint this weekend as he said he'd add me, so hopefully that doesn't fall through.

You're definitely right here: I fucked up my LTR by dropping TRP and developing some beta-tendencies. I find however, that if you read too many FRs and stuff, especially when you're not getting any action yourself, you start feeling a little shit about yourself. Comparison's the thief of joy, and I let myself compare against those on TRP sometimes..

End of July.

"Remember that in life you ought to behave as at a banquet. Suppose that something is carried round and is opposite to you. Stretch out your hand and take a portion with decency. Suppose that it passes by you. Do not detain it. Suppose that it is not yet come to you. Do not send your desire forward to it, but wait till it is opposite to you. Do so with respect to children, so with respect to a wife, so with respect to magisterial offices, so with respect to wealth, and you will be some time a worthy partner of the banquets of the gods."

I gotta savor my time at my job, learning all I can, chewing slowly on each mouthful, then appreciate the time I get at Uni. Don't wanna be getting indigestion by trying to hurry time so I can get back to Uni faster.

Cheers for your advice @Tom

6. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Solid stuff @Shaney96 Sounds like your body as dying to make gains over your trip abroad.

That quote is badass xD

I'm currently trialing new stuff on tinder so when you start at uni I'm going to hit you with every bit of stuff on tinder/real life game I've used that gave success.

Have you sorted accommodation at uni? If not, try and get it close to some of the clubs (5 min walk) or at least a very easy taxi journey back. Advice from the guy I met at the meetup.

7. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Thanks man. When are your dates? Got anything in mind for them? Remember: Action date > cliche coffee date.

Yeah, that's all sorted. Lincoln's a small city so that ain't a problem. Not getting ahead of myself: never taken a bird back from a club so that in itself would be a big step for me. Cheers for the advice.

8. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    So, one this Sunday, Monday, next Wednesday and Thursday. I got lucky with my noob boost and matched with minimal validation whores. Currently at bars in manc, meeting in Piccadilly gardens and seeing where the night takes us. I'm driving in so I'm not dictated by trains and I have a means of getting home if action occurs. So pretty cliched. I think I need to step up the date game. Main thing for me at the moment is improving kino and eye contact. If they live out of the center, is giving them a lift weird back weird? Surely boosts the chance of a lay/kiss.

9. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    So "hotter" was relative to to some landwhale, or are they relatively hot?

If the date's going well, then sure, but make sure you indirectly invite yourself into their place. "Not gonna invite a man in for a coffee, huh?" *smirking* or some shit like that.

Just make sure you're not doing it out of obligation in expectation of something in return.

10. James

James Host

"Need to use the bathroom" is a classic.

11. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Actually pretty decent. low 7s. About where my looks are on a good day (got over 50 votes on photofeeler at 7.5/10).

Going full autism: but how do I turn this into a smash?

12. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    If she invites you in, then that's a clear green-flag. I've always been so fucking naive in not picking up on blatant IOIs.. If a girl's positioning herself near you: she wants you to talk to her.. Etc..

If you're in her place, then, after going for a piss, make a comment on something, maybe something she can show you. Or even suggest you do something playful together, then kino, kino, kino. As soon as you kiss, you're fucking game.

Prepare for failure. Each 'failure' is a lesson. I imagine you've more experience with birds than I have, so it's a journey for us both. Just gotta keep taking one step back, two steps forward. Even in your successes, it's important to reflect on what you did well and what you could improve on.

Tom likes this.
  13. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    What are you going to study at university? It's a good time to make sure you aren't wasting your time with a major/degree that will make you unhappy.

Btw, about consumption of information such as TRP(And more generally, social media & reddit), I read an interesting chapter from a book called QBQ! The question Behind the Question, by John G Miller recently:

“We attend too many seminars. We take too many classes. We buy too many books. We play too many audios in our cars. It's all wasted if we're unclear on what learning really is: Learning is not attending, listening, or reading. Learning is really about translating knowing what to do into doing what we know. It's about changing. If we have not changed we have not learned.” - src

It raises a good point. I believe that trying to improve by consumption of information can lead to people reaching them comfort zones in that sphere and they fool themselves thinking they are "trying" to change. So once we know what to do, it's time to do it!

14. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    I've already done 2 years of the degree - Computer Science. My 'idea' is that I'll use the skills learned to either start-up my own company (preferably intertwining my interest/passion for clothing/fashion - I've thought of a potential app I could make) or work for a business that allows me to work on my own time, wherever I want. This will allow to me to travel and experience what I want. Of course, this is a big ask, however I'm willing to work for what I want.

That's what I've only very recently realized. I've read TPON 3 times, other spiritual books, Models twice, NMMNG, studied The 48 Laws, the list goes on... What I found was that, upon first reading TPON, HTWFAIP, Models and NMMNG, I was able to apply the practises in my day-to-day life, so there was a balance between consumption and action.

I used to work in Retail, so would practise what I read from HTWFAIP and notice results. Although I only spoke to one girl, I communicated my intent, and broke off the friendship. I was actually seeing results. Recently, however, I have little opportunity to practise so much. I've been naive in believing that by consuming more, I'll still be growing. What I've observed, however, is that the mass-consumption of TRP stuff, reading TPON again, etc., is that it's been adding to my anxiety: I've been getting frustrated due to not seeing the results I've been expecting.

Last week I bought The Daily Stoic, along with the accompanying journal. so far I've found this to be helpful, since I'm now able to focus on one small aspect each day. I find I'm actually able to remind myself of that point throughout the day, and feel some clarity at those times. This has so far been more productive than trying to carry-out everything I read in like 5 TRP posts in one night, simply because I don't have the environment to do so.

Again, balance between consumption and action is key, and that's another lesson I've learned from being in a less-opportunistic place.

15. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    *less-opportunistic in regards to game, social-circle development, and frame development through social interaction. Contrary to this, there has been much development to reflect on myself, learning to enjoy my time alone and be productive at those times, learning how to accept negative thought patterns and get out of negative thought cycles, etc..

With every cloud...

16. James

James Host

Absolutely, everyone should be careful of this, and be very honest with themselves. There are huge numbers of men who are using information consumption, and even things like requests for help, as action quenchers instead of action guides. So important to get the balance right, which is why I always recommend "1 part reading 10 parts" action. That's not necessarily the perfect balance, but sends them on the right path.

Indeed.

Just thinking out loud on this, university will educate you plenty well on this, but one thing it won't do is apply competition to you. University won't offer a Whiplash (great movie btw) style asshole coach who will demand you produce an app faster, make less mistakes, use better ways of programming, etc. This is very important for when you hit the "real world", as you are basically going to be a craftsman, and if you're better than other craftsmen, able to produce better, faster and with less mistakes, it will mean all the difference. One reason I think we should bring back the guild system (masters & apprentices) on this. A boss is happy to say "that's shit, do it again", but a university doesn't care beyond it being a "pass". And nothing wrong with offering to do some programming for some clients now, while at university, at whatever discount necessary, to help "buy" some of that personal honing.

I liked Joel Gascoigne's story on app making (video somewhere on YouTube where he talks about him starting up). Basically he started out a bit too eager to do coding work, and nothing caught on. So for his "Buffer" app, he made an ultra simple lead page for it before he even made it, and then marketed it. The page ended with a "we don't actually have this app ready yet, but if you're interested, submit your email" etc. Only after then, with some confirmed market demand, did he make it (and now he's rich).

There's an abundance of ideas. One for instance could be automated buy sell arbitrage on 2nd hand fashion (you can see what's selling below true price, can you make a computer do so? Auto-relist after arrival at a mail redirector, it sends a ship command & address there when it sells again, etc). But you have to do comprehensive market due diligence before executing, to lower the risk of making a dud.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Shaney96 likes this.
  17. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Yeah, I almost/did fall into that trap recently. Constantly consuming information regarding women, then not taking action. It just added to anxiety and made me feel all-around shit, hence that original post pretty much crying for help. It's something important I've noticed before it consumed me, and something I will not let happen again.

Correct, it most certainly doesn't. Only if you've got some drive do you feel the stresses and strains of upcoming exams and deadlines, but I can believe that still doesn't compare to the possibility of being fired for not getting an app delivered on time.

I've got some experience working in my field (not just at my internship), so I aim to (if I jump straight into the industry, which is doubtful) hit the ground running.

Interesting idea, and I can imagine how that may work psychologically. I'll have a look on 'tinternet for that.

Cheers for the ideas man.

18. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The previous update has been rated.

The score was: 3.00.

Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 25 Feb 2018

19. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal update is due.

Please submit an update on your goal progress.

20. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:

Goal Update

Overall a decent week. First week of low-carb went well, with no eating fruit or cake at work. Felt like shit due to these sleeping problems so only hit the gym twice.

Saturday and Sunday's calories were estimated as I ate out, but didn't binge at the weekend. I'm not going to hit the goal of 7lbs in 7 weeks, that's a given, however I'm not stopping the cut until I reach my target weight.

[​IMG]

Voting on this update has closed.