1. GoGetters Community is no longer actively maintained, and will be closing down in the future. Thankyou for your participation in this project. [ Details ]
    Dismiss Notice

Brainstorming Productive Summer 2018

Discussion in 'Misc' started by Kostadin, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    It's 1st of July. I have 2.5 months in front of me before I dive into 11th grade.

My idea is to think of at least 1 goal that's going to last from the beginning of the next week until the end of the holidays. Before this, here's what I'm planning on doing.
    - exercise:
    Still going with r/BWF's Recommended Routine, although this will probably change soon due to an old wrist injury that keeps me off progressing on the technical side of things, which really sucks - handstand, L-sit and so on. I also ride bike quite often and can also start running in the morning - the beach and the biggest green area in the city are 50 meters from my front door.
    - Prepare for the C2 exam in English that I'm going to take this December:
    1) I'd like to read a lot of stuff in English and I'm going to start with r/TRP's sidebar. Yes, I've known about r/TRP for more than an year and I haven't read the sidebar in its entirety. After I finish it I'd like to start reading other stuff. I have the English version of the first Harry Potter, so that can be a start.
    2) I'll of course need to go through some of the old exams, but I don't plan on doing this before the middle of August.
    - This week I'll be the guide of Uzbekistan's team in the Burgas International Mathematics Competition. We'll be busy for a total of 4 days, I'll meet a lot of new people.
    - I'll attend an international student assembly in Hungary, on the coast of the Balaton lake - this was a prize for being placed in top 10 in a school competition, I think I spoke a word or two about this a while ago?
    - I started playing the guitar again. I'm currently learning to play Annihilator's Crystal Ann. I don't think I'd like to create a goal for learning songs, but it's something I'll be doing for fun and instead of playing video games when I'm at home and have nothing else to do.
    - And of course I do plan to go out and interact with people, as well as game some girls. 2 weeks ago I ended (actually the girl broke up with me xD) my first relationship ever. It was fun and all, but our days were counted. Practicing cold approaching deliberately is something I will not do for multiple reasons - the city I live is small (250k population), I don't exactly stand out with height, built or something that can really create a good first impression. If I really fancy a gal, I may cold approach her, or ask around my close friends if they know her - and usually at least 1 person can give me all information I need.

This is everything that I plan on doing this summer in general. Here's what I'd like advise on:
    1) Fitness. My father is a gym maniac (20+ years) and he knows a lot, however, I'd like to hear second opinion on the topic.
    2) Ideas for literature - prose or science written in English that will help me practice the language.

If there's anything you'd like to add or ask me about, of course, you're free to do so.

2. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    How's the BWF routine going in regard to physical results? I've been interested in BWF for a while due to the restriction of going to gyms when travelling, but have never given it a shot.

Regarding the TRP sidebar: take it slow and digest it. Seriously, some of this shit (especially in The Manipulated Man) is quite eye-opening and some parts took a reread or two to process.

Even though you live in a small city, that doesn't mean you can't cold approach. Saying you 'may' approach a bird you find attractive sounds like you probably won't approach her. If it's not something you're bothered about, then fair enough, but it's still a real possibility.

It's a huge topic... What would you like advice on in particular?

I'd begin looking into something you're genuinely interested in, for you'll be able to better practise the language if you're writing about something you're at least a little passionate about.

3. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    I'm going to split "physical results" into muscle mass and strength in order to make my life easier.
    Strength - BWF gives results quite early. 3 months in I could feel the difference, and 6 months later I was already feeling on another level. The numerous progressions make it so that your muscles never get used to a movement too much, which means less muscle mass and more strength. If you stick with BWF, you're also going to need to work on your flexibility, which even though I have, I still have great problems with a lot of exercises. Also, if you have injuries from the caliber of my wrist problem (which wasn't supposed to be that big of a deal, or at least that's what the doctors said), be very careful, as even one mistake can turn 1/3 of the exercises into nightmares. As BWF exercises work on multiple muscle groups simultaneously, if you injure yourself, you're better off taking a complete rest from BWF.
    Muscle mass - I already said that the muscle mass you get is less, but I think I should elaborate. BWF's idea is that one exercises his entire body so that it becomes powerful and symmetrical. My personal experience is a bit different - my back, shoulders and hands are visibly strong, but not too muscular, I have semi-visible, but strong abs, my chest is not really big and my feet are... well they are bigger than most boys', (especially the ones who aren't fat) however, I already have an easy time doing pistol squats, which is supposed to be the hardest thing. I probably need to prioritize the technically hard exercises such as Dragon Flag, the thing is, I just don't have where to do them. Add my wrist injury to the mix and you can see why I'd like to try going to the gym.

How much time did you need? I was thinking of "speedrunning" it, in order to get through the anger phase ASAP.

What are the most up-to-date and tested exercise programs? The muscle groups for each day, the exercises and rest days is what I'm most interested in.

Okay, I have some ideas. Do you know any good websites where I could find what I'm looking for? (even though I much prefer paper, I don't have the money)

4. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    It makes sense then why people who practise this have great overall definition - so many muscles are worked, rather than focusing on a fixed set.

Right, this could pose a problem for me for my wrists are pretty skimpy and weak. Definitely something I want to try in the future.

I read it over the course of a good few months. I read some of it prior to my LTR, then read it in its entirety post-LTR.
    Some of it took me a while to read as it bored me and I felt I knew most of it due to passive TRP post reading. For example, The Misandry Bubble probably took me a week to read as I was taking notes from it and it didn't interest me so much.
    On the other hand, The Manipulated Man I read in two days, as I found it so damned interesting and controversial. This was a real fun read to me.

Interesting you say this, as I made a post earlier on this week's Pet Theories thread regarding the Purple Pill which relates to your point. You may find it of interest. I will link the thread below and you'll find my comment (username is Shaney96).

Regarding the anger phase...
    I'm probably still in it. I believe you have to experience the shit TRP speaks of to fully get past it and thrive in the TRP knowledge. I can guarantee that, even with the amount of TRP content I've read, I'll still ending up being naive in the future and unconsciously dismissing what I've learned due to my ego-investment in the Blue Pilled ideologies I've been conditioned to idealize over the course of my life.

Most important is to find one that makes you want to go to the gym. I don't know your body composition etc., nor am I a PT, however you cannot go wrong with a 5x5 Starting Strength fitness routine. When I first started taking this lifting shit more seriously, I recall doing a variation called Ice-Cream Fitness, which - I believe - contains more accessory movements than a standard 5x5 routine. Do some searching on the /fitness and (perhaps) /leangains subreddits for more information.

Just don't do a bro-split, which means don't go "INTERNATIONAL CHEST DAY, EVERYDAY, BITCHES", as that won't do you any favours.

I don't unfortunately mate. The only writing I do is my journalling and writing the blog posts for my website, which is only something I've been doing recently.

Kostadin likes this.
  5. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Warm-ups and wrist exercises - vid 1, vid2 should do the job. Wrists can and will get stronger provided you know what you're doing. Just don't handstand too much - focus on the technique rather than the time you're able to hold one first. And, if you do start with BWF, handstands are almost obligatory, since they're probably the best exercise for the shoulders.

You didn't, but I found it anyway. :p
    Honestly, once I read just a bit of TRP theory, everything kind of fell into place. I don't even think about some of the things, I just see them, smile and move on. My relationship actually ended because the girl thought I didn't give a damn about her, not because I was a needy baby who was messaging her 24/7.
    Well, I still don't have much experience, but I'd like to thank a girl from my city who is one year older than me. A great friend, but an awful person - drugs, sex, lack of responsibility for oneself, but she's such a great source of conformations of TRP theory.

I forgot to address this one.
    Yes, it doesn't mean that I can't approach. However, the culture here is a bit different. Being in the EU and endorsing (read virtue signaling) western values is different from actually having them. I can easily be labeled as a "creep" at best. I get what you're saying about the word "may", but, only time will tell if you're right or wrong. ;)

And I thought the people in the gyms here are clueless.

6. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    My bad. Completely forgot once I got into the swing of things.

It does, and it amuses me actually how I now unconsciously recognize things and just smirk to myself. Like when my Mum's talking to her mates about some shit and I'm just thinking 'ahh, there's hypergamy in practise', or how 'she's still mourning for the loss of her husband' or something and it sparks a response of 'yup, alpha widowed.'

Being around girls can really help drill in these concepts, indeed.

Going back to 'everything kind of fell into place'... Yes, I know what you mean, but don't be so confident in yourself, or else you'll end up beating yourself up if/when you do slip-up. You may find a model, girl of your dreams, that falls in love with you and you're happily married for a number of years then you find out she's been riding old Adam's dick for the last year. After the relationship you look back and pick out numerous mistakes (unconscious at the time), that make you go 'what the fuck man? I did that shit?' That's what it was like for me for my last LTR anyways.

The point is, you will fuck-up, but that's the beauty of it all: You're growing, applying knowledge, learning, becoming stronger. I think it's more a blessing than a curse that we've been exposed (and accepting) to this information at such an age, as it truly does give us some power/knowing of our potential.

7. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Is overconfidence something bad? Yes. I've been on the other side of underestimation and from experience I can say the latter is a lot worse. And I'll make mistakes anyway (something you stated yourself), so I've got nothing to lose.
    STORY TIME

So today after I was done with my responsibilities for the competition in mathematics and I was going back home, I saw a girl from my school which caught my eye a long time ago. After a bit of hesitation I said "fuck it" and went to her. I was a bit awkward at first, (since this is the 2nd time I ever do such thing) but she appeared to be even more nervous. She's a metalhead, which I used for my opener: "I've seen you at school numerous times and since there are like 5 metalheads here, I remember all of you and I was curious to meet you." At the end when her bus was coming, she asked me for my Facebook profile. I might have fist-bumped myself along the way home a number of times.

James and Shaney96 like this.
  8. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Anyway you could train with him sometimes? Experienced eyes can account for things like proper posture, better movement and execution. It could also be a way to do some father-son activities and he would be able to see your evolution. It's easy to hit a plateau, less so when someone pushes you harder.

For the longest time, I have been wanting to read the books surrounding the legend of Arthur. I ordered the following books: The Mists of Avalon, Once and Future King and Idylls of the King. I believe these books also offer historical accounts of what could have been the masculine psyche at that time, so maybe you will like to know that they could be good examples of the mature man.

Otherwise, books by Tolstoy or Dostoevsky involve more challenging English and their satisfying reads.

Kostadin and James like this.
  9. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    I don't live together with my father, so I'd be nice if we start doing more stuff together. We're in the same city, so that's a plus. I'll try to persuade him and I doubt he'd have something against the idea.
    Noted. I've always wanted to read those books.

@James, @Shaney96, @Fundinn, @Tom, since all of you are older than me: How does one have social life and get enough sleep? I've been going out in the last few days, especially at night (it's super hot here during the day) and this morning I felt too much under the weather to do my workout. I'll do it in the afternoon, but, still, I've never had this problem before.

10. James

James Host

By modifying the terms of the social life. For some guys, their 'social life' is going out to late night clubs, bars, and parties and getting drunk. There's no being productive the day after that. You have to deliberately realign your social life to be consistent with your goals. Being disciplined and knowing when it's time to go home, targeting events that start earlier, and so on.

It's also partly who you hang out with. There was an old friend of a friend I once hanged out with, who whenever he was in town, would suggest we all "go out". For him this meant we would go to loud bars late on a Friday, and he would drink from a jug of 50-50 mix rum and coke (just for him). As you can imagine, that "social life" isn't particularly helpful to a go-getter. Contrast that with say a dancing-oriented social group; they just want to go dancing & chat around 7p or 8pm, be home well before midnight, and there's no alcohol involved. That doesn't affect the following day at all.

11. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    That's a great question. For much of my early 20's I would simply suffer through the workouts and regret drinking so much the night prior. I would often doze off in class and take power naps when I could. Aside from always having a rather good diet, I didn't respect myself that much and consequently, my productivity suffered. It took me about 6 years to slow-down on drinking and start questioning if going-out really made sense.

Ultimately it's a choice, but if you hang out with people who like drinking and keep you in that mindset, it will be unbelievably hard not to cave-in to their behavior. So @James, is right on the money. I remember taking swing lessons and going for dance nights on fridays. It ended at midnight and I didn't have drinks, not only was it a good excuse not to go out with groups who drank, but I got to move a bit and be home at an okay-time.

James likes this.
  12. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    The people I hang out with aren't of the particular kind you've described. I usually don't drink at all, and I've only been drunk once in my life. For most of my life, I'd go to bed no later than 11 PM. Maybe I'm just not used to it, I guess? Or maybe that day I had another reason for feeling off?
    About the dancing-oriented social group: I've always said I have two left feet. It's about time I change that, and I also know how. I know some of the members of a local tango group, and while everyone there is a lot older that me, that's not something I mind at all.

13. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    just a heads up, PUA's take groups of paying students to learn pick up in Eastern Europe because the girls respond well to it. being foreign helps but Eastern Europeans seem to know exactly what they want and get it.

Nice one fam.

You have to avoid night game I guess if you want the sleep. Leaves you relying on social hobbies, day game and meetups with friends (and their plus one's) are your options really.

Have you considered rock climbing? You smashed calisthenics if I remember right? Should help. I've heard it's good for meeting girls. Plus it's during the day.

James likes this.
  14. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Yeah, that is the reality. In a group of 15, maybe we had 6 people in their twenties, you real something though while hanging out with other older folks that you aren't related to. And @Tom suggestion is pretty good. I certified myself for belay training and rock climbing was a great way to meet other girls. Just make sure you are doing something you want to do, I took Rock climbing but quit when I realized it was boring me.

15. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    By "rock climbing" you mean this, like indoors, I'd assume? There is once such place in my city. The outdoor activity is sadly out of the questions. (I live in a coastal city, and I don't have the money to travel around)
    As far as the second line is concerned, Bulgaria is the 23th country in the world with deaths from cardiovascular diseases, with over 60% of deaths caused by the said type of diseases. The people here are so lazy, it's actually amazing. Especially the girls. You'd think that because I live in an Eastern-European country the wymyn aren't that entitled, are more motivated, that we have traditions in sport, (especially if you've seen our participants in the Olympics, or at least those from 20+ years ago) but sadly this isn't the case. Thankfully an activity needn't be done strictly to meet women.

Shaney96 likes this.
  16. James

James Host

I tell you what's a good filter against lazy people though: physical activity hobbies.
    And I suppose the opposite would be working as a takeaway delivery guy :D
    Mark my words, there'll be drone bedside takeaway deliveries. The guy who starts that will become instagram rich.

Kostadin likes this.
  17. Kostadin

Kostadin Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Now, let's get serious. How important is it to be active on social media? I've actually always strayed away from posting more than like 3 personal photo sessions (of landscapes and macro pics) per year. What's your experience with this? For example, as I'll be going to Hungary, I could get a bit more active and post some more.

18. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    For me, it depends on your goals. I don't think it should be used through feeling obligated to do so, and should really only be used as a tool. If you have trouble comparing yourself to others, then it'd be best to stray from following people with these epic lifestyles; if you can only draw inspiration, then follow away.

It can be good for inducing dread in girls and shit, and showing what an awesome life you have to girls you've cold-approached which would increase the chances of them wanting to meet, etc..

19. James

James Host

I'm biased against it. It severely exacerbates power law effects: you're competing for attention in an excessively large market. You'll never be awesome on social media: there's always some one bigger, and his attention reach is infinite. Same applies to women: by the time she has your attention, her inbox is already getting blasted with 20 messages a day by hungry dudes.

On the other hand, real life is on the opposite end of the spectrum by comparison. A room has a small, fixed number of people competing for a fixed amount of attention. Frankly I'd treat women spending a significant amount of time on social media as a negative filter, and a woman plugged into her phone like a life support system or worrying about likes and followers as a write-off.

Guys are making it work, but the issue is the power law effects. For every guy you see or hear about who's got instagram groupies knocking on his door, there's thousands of guys trying to paint their life as awesome but remaining in obscurity. That's rough.

To illustrate: which sites do you watch TV on? Almost everyone says: YouTube. Which site do you search on? Almost everyone: Google. That's hundreds of millions of people.
    By contrast: who do you bank with? I've probably never heard of your bank, nor you mine. Which mall do you frequent? Same situation.
    These centralizing & power laws effects are what happens when the constraint of geography is stripped away and people don't yet have counterbalancing behaviour.

Just an effect to keep in mind. There are ways to try and mitigate it and use the net to your advantage, but I reckon it's just easier to be one guy who makes a good impression one-on-one in real life. At least you're 3D...