1. GoGetters Community is no longer actively maintained, and will be closing down in the future. Thankyou for your participation in this project. [ Details ]
    Dismiss Notice

Goal Quit smoking

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Jack, Dec 30, 2017.

Goal: Clear my addiction to nicotine from my system by January 20, 2018 (finished)

100%

Completed

Member Jack commits to the following actions to achieve this goal

Consume no products containing nicotine and report my progress.

1. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The previous update has been rated.

The score was: 2.20.

No more progress updates will come due on this goal (but you can still post them).
    Your goal results will come due on Sat, 20 Jan 2018

2. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal achievement results are due.

Please submit a report on your achievement of this goal. The community will then rate your result. You can include any evidence that helps present your result.

3. Jack

Jack Member

Rating points:
    Action points:

Result

Yeah so, while this goal didn't go to plan I'm not giving myself any time to stop trying. I'll resubmit another goal fresh tomorrow and with a little luck I can make it a fully clean run. It was also suggested to me to buy nicotine test strips and present them with my progress updates to help me visualise my own progress and also have a physical marker of where I am at through my detox.

I definitely underestimated how difficult this goal was going to be. While I started off well, social situations and accessibility to tobacco were the core issues that broke the early streak. So as I move forward I will have to take into account what situations I will be putting myself in. Work will be hard but something I can manage, when I am on shift with another smoker I just need to fight the urge, I'll use the method @Fundinn mentioned (timing how long it takes for cravings to subside).

Earlier on I mentioned in another thread it was my intention to try "monk mode" and separate myself from distractions so I can concentrate on myself, this seems like the only option available to me as so far almost, if not ever every time I have gone out while attempting to quit, I have smoked.

I appreciate all the advice and time you guys have given to this thread, the next one WILL be successful.

Voting on this result has closed.
  4. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    You'll get there bro, just keep trying!

Jack likes this.
  5. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    I've been hearing a lot about guys going monk mode lately. It's an interesting idea. Kind of shows what our society has made of us though. You can buy anything these days, it's madness. I'm not surprised of some of our struggles with the way we're conditioned early on. I spent a long-weekend with two kids lately and one of them was demented. He was addicted to nutella, his ipad and his parents were absent on their phones. How can that kid get a chance at being great if he's placed in the gutter like that...

Great Jack, you can do this.

Jack and James like this.
  6. James

James Host

Amen

7. James

James Host

Quick query: is everyone (except OP) able to see the rating stars on post #23 above?

I've noticed that everyone's voting for updates & approvals fine, but no-one has voted on a result yet (in any thread).

8. Shaney96

Shaney96 Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    I've voted for this and can see what I rated, but not the final score.

I'm sure that, on my into thread, I got a rating and that was posted as a final result?

9. James

James Host

Ah yes, disregard, got confused by something.

10. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The result has been rated.

Congratulations on following this goal to the end!

The average goal result rating was: 2.62 (Grade: C- — Marginal fail).

Updates Report
    Total updates submitted: 2 of 2
    Average update rating: 2.50 (Medium action towards goal)

Next Steps
    You were close to achieving this goal, and you took medium action. For the next goal, commit to going all out.