1. GoGetters Community is no longer actively maintained, and will be closing down in the future. Thankyou for your participation in this project. [ Details ]
    Dismiss Notice

Goal Weight loss goal

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by norbulak, Dec 24, 2017.

Goal: Lose 9Kg in 10 weeks by March 3, 2018 (finished)

100%

Closed

Member norbulak commits to the following actions to achieve this goal

Respect diet plan
Go to 3 muay thai classes/week ( each class is 1h30 long)

1. norbulak

norbulak New Member

Rating points:
    Action points:

Goal Approval

Original thread : https://gogetters.community/index.php?threads/brainstorming.18/

Hi guys,

My goal is to lose 9kg in 10 weeks. As I stated in my goal description, I commit to the following :
    => Dieting
    => going to 3 muay thai classes/week. Every class is 1h30 long.

I will give weekly updates on how the week went + a weight curve.

Current state: 107Kg ( 236 lbs)

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

2. James

James Host

@norbulak Good. But we need clarity on the "dieting".

How many calories are you commiting to eating no more than? And how are you going to track those calories? (E.g. MyFitnessPal).

You can also stagger your calory target if you want, e.g. 2200 first week, 2000 2nd, 1800 3rd and to end.

3. norbulak

norbulak New Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Hi James and thanks or the reply.

As I mentioned in the original thread. I took a diet plan where I have meals for a month delivered to my place 1500 Kcal/day ( I did mention 1900 in the original thread but I had that info wrong). I eat the diet meals 6 days/week with one day off (the day off doesn't mean that I get off the diet, it's for "readapting". So I'd be eating 1500Kcal on that day too)

The website in question is in French but I'll leave it here in case anyone from France might be interested : https://www.kitchendiet.fr/

I wasn't planing on using any tracking app because the calories were already counter in advance for the meals. But thinking of it now, I guess it's better idea to track anyways : for that seventh day of the week and just in case there are any overlaps ( so that I can correct them the day after). MyFitnessPal looks like a good choice. I'll take it.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    James likes this.
  4. James

James Host

Interesting, well I guess if it's a fixed serving of calories already, MyFitnessPal is superfluous. Assuming you won't eat anything other than from that delivery that is (and except for the 7th day).

So given that "respect diet plan" means those specific calories (and eating nothing else), the goal looks good to go. I'll give the community some time to cast their votes on it.

5. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    I was on 1500 cals for my diet. I know I've already said it, but really make sure you get that gallon of water in, it is crucial for maintaining hydration:

From Dr darden:

'Kidney-liver function: Your kidneys require abundant water to function properly. If your kidneys do not get enough water, your liver takes over and assumes some of the functions of the kidneys. This diverts your liver from its primary duty — to metabolize stored fat into usable energy.

If your liver is preoccupied with performing the chores of your water-depleted kidneys, it doesn’t efficiently convert the stored materials into usable chemicals. Thus, your fat loss stops, or at least, plateaus. Superhydration accelerates the metabolism of fat.'

I also supplemented with multivitamin tablets, vitamin D and green tea (woth a shot?? xD).

All the best man!

6. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal approved!

The community voted to approve this goal as Doable and SMART.
    Now, do your best to succeed! Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 31 Dec 2017.

7. norbulak

norbulak New Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Thanks guys for your answers. The week has been going pretty well so far. @Tom I tried following your advice on water intake, I had a hard time remembering to drink enough some days though lol, I think my mean must be at 2.5 l/day. Definetly seems worth it! I do have a vitamin D deficiency, I'm seeing my doctor next week so I'll ask him for a prescription.

Cheers!

James likes this.
  8. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    I had to carry a small notepad with me xD

Don't sweat the vitamin D deficiency by the way, something like a 3rd of people are!

9. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Good job norbulak! As for water intake, I like doing something called "replication". I'll have two water pitchers, one in the kitchen and one in my room. I will also have a bottle near my backpack, in the car, etc. It's like snacking. If it's at arms reach, you will unconsciously drink water. The very fact that you have to re-fill your glass or move around makes you prone to resist a bit, make your environment as convenient as possible for your end goals. Get bigger glasses too, as silly as it is, that extra 200ml goes the distance.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  10. James

James Host

I'd laugh if he's a cool doctor who writes "beach" on the prescription

Tom likes this.
  11. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Goal update is due.

Please submit an update on your goal progress.

12. norbulak

norbulak New Member

Rating points:
    Action points:

Goal Update

Thanks for the support guys !

With a 1 month sick leave haha

I know that it's not that problematic, I'm seeing him for another reason I'll just ask him for that as well ^^.

@Fundinn What I ended up doing is having 1.5l bottles. 1 in my backpack ( for work ). and the other ones in my fridge. Definitely a good idea to have it next to me at all times

WEEKLY REPORT :

week1.png
    As you can seen from the graph I've lost about 1.5 Kg during this first week. I'm on the right track !

Issues encountered this week :
    -> Water intake : I forgot to drink enough water some days
    -> Alcoholic beverages : I had a few drinks Friday evening and didn't count the calories. Fortunately it didn't affect my goal => I have to keep track of this next time it happens.
    -> No muay Thai : My Muay Thai is closed last week beacuse of holiday season => Ended up walking for about an hour when coming back from work every 2 days ( It doesn't compensate enough but it's somehting)

Good points :
    -> Food cravings didn't bother me much : I was tempted a few times but it wasn't hard at all to convince myself not to go for it.

Thank you all for your support !

Cheers,

Voting on this update has closed.

Fundinn and James like this.
  13. James

James Host

@norbulak, looking good.
    Yes on the calories, that's where MyFitnessPal helps.
    Also good attitude on the Muay Thai: finding a substitute exercise instead using it as an excuse.
    Keep it up!

14. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: The previous update has been rated.

The score was: 4.75.

Your next progress update will come due on Sun, 07 Jan 2018

15. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Niiiice - solid start!

16. Fundinn

Fundinn Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    @norbulak Good job! Btw, if you want a second opinion on Vitamin D. I recommend getting Vitamin D3 instead of the synthetic version. This is what I use, which is collected from sheep skin after shearing:
    [​IMG]

17. Tom

Tom Active Member

Rating points:
    Action points:
    Result points:
    Can confirm @Fundinn 's advice. Easy to take and super cheap.

18. Gort

Gort Robot

19. Gort

Gort Robot

Notification: Update not submitted.

The goal update was not submitted within the time limit.

20. Gort

Gort Robot